Chapter 19

Reece and Dale listened to Luke and took in everything he had to say. Luke loved his father, but he knew that at the rate they were going, Jeffrey would run the club into the ground. Or worse, it would all end in a blood bath. Reece didn't quite understand the change in Jeffrey either, but they both agreed that something had switched in the man's head. He had never been this arrogant and greedy and since he had been, Reece and Luke agreed that Jeffrey needed to be dethroned before it was too late. But Reece had no intention of assisting Luke into becoming the next president, let alone alpha. He couldn't imagine Luke taking the lead and being any better than his own old man. But he did agree with talking to the other members about voting Jeffrey out.

But that had been a couple of days ago. Since then, Reece had taken Tracey out to the clubhouse to be looked over by Nicky. Tracey's injuries weren't infected or getting worse, in fact they were healing substantially well and quicker than anyone anticipated. As for the other problem Tracey had, Nicky couldn't wrap her head around it. Tracey was showing no signs of infection, nothing. But still her temperature was high and she was experiencing more aches and pains compared to what she was getting. Although she should have been looked over that night after her seizure, as that was something very serious, Nicky put it down to Tracey's fever. Tracey had no history of seizures and to her knowledge her family didn't have any history of it either, so Nicky was still concerned, but not too concerned. Her recommendation was that Tracey kept herself as cool as possible and when a high fever strikes, to drink plenty of fluids and take some Panadol.

As of today, Tracey had been getting rather painful tooth aches and very sore nail beds. Which she assumed came back to having such a shit sleep. She had woken up to grinding her own teeth and she figured she had been clenching her fists while sleeping which was bending her nails. It was the only thing that seemed to make any sense. As for Tracey's mental health after everything, it was at an all time low, but she was trying her best to cope. Her medication she had been prescribed for her anxiety back after her attack on the full moon, she was taking very frequently. It did help, but it did not take away how paranoid she felt. She felt like she was always looking over her shoulder, or jumping at any bump and noise nearby. She couldn't help it and it didn't help that Reece had a shotgun out and at the ready in his house. If it wasn't bad enough that she was ripped into the supernatural world by force and rather traumatised over it, then having to go through a home invasion and being beaten up, to watching Reece slaughter the three unwanted intruders, to now be handling a shotgun... she really felt like her world had been turned inside-out and upside-down. But she was trying to be okay and accept it as it happened, she knew Reece was trying too which meant a lot to her.

As Tracey was not comfortable on her own in Reece's house, with the gun, Reece came up with a solution. He had given her the option to stay with one of his brothers or his father while Reece had to be at work. Which proved wrong when Reece said he wasn't bothered by losing his job. The truth was, deep down Reece was panicked over losing his job as it was the only thing that made him feel somewhat normal and as much as he had shit days, he did love his work and enjoyed who he worked for. Reece did suggest that Tracey could join him while he worked, like his own little plumbing apprentice but Tracey didn't feel like being dragged around from one place to another and getting up and down constantly, so that left her with the one and only Dale, as Boyd and his other brothers were far too busy. So Tracey had been staying with Dale during Reece's working hours, for the first couple of days she was cooped up in Dale's house as she had little energy. Which suited Dale well, since he was unable to transform until yesterday, which meant the pair had been keeping each other company with movies. But today, even though she wasn't feeling the best, she decided to go and see what Dale was doing. He was back to work and quite behind on his work, so Dale had barely taken a break to check in with Tracey in his house. Exiting through the front door of Dale's house, she slowly walked across the gravel ground and over to Dale's work shed. The closer she got, she could start to hear the music he had playing. She didn't know the artist's songs very well, but she picked up on who it was... 50 Cent.