Chapter 27

After taking care of business, Reece migrated back to his old house where he secluded himself into his old shed. With the light turned on, he slowly stripped out of his dirty clothes and dressed himself into the ones he had packed. Shoving his dirty clothes into his bag, Reece stared around at his belongings. He currently didn't know how he felt, numb maybe? So he was just trying to keep himself preoccupied until he actually 'felt'. He didn't feel right going back to Dale's, nor the clubhouse. He felt like he needed to be 'home'. So that's where he was. Taking a seat down on the concrete, by the old dirt bikes, Reece just stared ahead. He wanted to shift his belongings and rather than taking them to a family members place, like he considered, Reece thought he would rent out a storage unit. That way he wasn't intruding on any of his brothers or his dad. So Reece pulled out his phone and searched up the nearest place that had available storage units. Finding a place in Healesville, Reece attempted to try and rent one out online, but realised he couldn't. So that meant he had to wait until tomorrow before he could actually do anything. That included packing up anything, as the nearest Bunnings was closed and he couldn't buy any kind of packing boxes or crates he could use to store his belongings in.

Resting the back of his head against the metal frame of the work bench, Reece closed his eyes and just listened in around him. He was starting to feel buggered. It was as if the tiredness had just snuck up on him and without realising it, Reece had fallen asleep right where he was. When he woke up next, it was morning and someone had kicked his boot to wake him up.

"You aren't dead, right?" Reece heard Luke's voice.

Reece let out a grunt, opened his sleepy eyes and slowly lifted his upper body up from the concrete. He was feeling a bit stiff, but that was probably one of the best sleeps he had since the fire, considering he didn't have the comfort of a bed or pillow.

"What do you want?" Asked Reece while he rubbed his eyes and eventually gazed up at his acting vice president.

"Well I thought I'd update you and give you this back." Luke held Reece's knife by the blade, giving him the option to grab it by the handle.

Reece held a frown as he grabbed his knife, knowing well and good he had left it stabbed into Brody before he lit the fucker on fire. "You could've let it burn, I didn't give a fuck about it." Reece mumbled.

Luke didn't reply to Reece, but instead continued with what he had planned to say. "He's buried and all the evidence incinerated. Job well done, I'd say." Luke's eyes gaze around the shed, seeing all of Reece's tools, the two old pit bikes and the Harley frame. "So you trialling hobo or something?"

"What? No." Reece slowly got himself up from the ground, listening to his entire body crack and pop. "I just fell asleep." He placed the semi-burnt knife onto the work bench.

"You could've stayed around mine." Luke's eyes followed Reece as he stiffly walked out of the shed and around the corner. "I do have a spare bed, would've been more comfortable than concrete."

"I'm not complaining." Reece replied back.

"So what are you doing with all this stuff?" Asked Luke. "If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands."

"It's not a fucking shed sale." Reece forced out a laugh as he voided for the morning.

"I'll take that frame if you don't want it." Luke pushed.

"Like hell you are." Reece snapped. "No one touches it."

"It's sitting there collecting dust." Luke reasoned.

"Again, your not having it." Reece eventually finished, zipped up and returned to the shed. "It's not mine to give away."

Luke's eyebrow raised as he looked at Reece. "Whose is it?"