Chapter 5

After the unpleasant meeting of one of Reece's younger brothers, Tracey had returned to Reece's house. She stayed for a couple of hours and then she decided she would go home, even though she had been prepared to stay overnight at Reece's. Reece completely understood why she did not want to stay over; her day had been tainted and she probably did not want to have to face Reece any longer than she had to. He could tell she was embarrassed about it all, but he had tried to reassure her that she was in no wrong. Dale was completely at fault and if Reece had really allowed himself to, he probably would have broken more than just his nose. He did not tell her that though. And as hesitant as he was to let her drive all the way home on her own, he allowed her without telling her his concerns, but he did wish her a safe drive.

The next day couldn't come any faster for Reece. He had stayed home for the rest of the day and night, not wanting to talk to anyone, especially not his brother, Dale. But Dale had been trying to contact Reece, he had been since the afternoon of treating Tracey horribly. He felt like shit, and he just wanted to talk to his brother. Dale couldn't stand his brother being angry at him, he looked up to Reece and he saw his oldest brother as his best friend. So the radio silence he was giving Dale, would have been killing him. But Reece did not care how his brother felt, in his mind Dale deserved to be ignored.

Despite he had many missed calls from his brother Dale and even a text message from his other brother Noel, asking about what was going on between him and Dale, he ignored it all. Reece was not in the mood to talk about how much of a prick Dale was to Tracey, all he wanted to do was see her and make sure she was doing alright. Riding all the way from Yarra Junction to Warragul, Reece turned up on Tracey's doorstep with a charming smile. This time, Reece had no care in the world if Tracey had plans; he had to come and see her. After everything she dealt with yesterday, he wanted to try and make it up to her and he had a plan on how he was going to do it. Not having to knock on her door, as Tracey heard him pull up; Reece's heart skipped a beat when his eyes landed on the beauty standing in the doorway to her house.

"Hey." Reece wanted to wrap his arms around her and kiss her, but he was still a little hesitant in doing so. Which was so incredibly unlike Reece, if he wanted to do something, he was the type of person to just do it. With Tracey though, he was very refrained.

"Reece you came around?" Tracey says in a surprised tone. She was still feeling a little down over yesterday's mishap as she had let everything Dale had said to her, affect her. But she tried hard to hide that from Reece, it wasn't his fault that he had an arsehole of a brother.

"I know it's out of the blue, but I had to see you. Especially after yesterday." Reece's eyebrows knitted into a frown and Tracey could visually see that Reece was not happy with how yesterday went.

"You didn't have to." Tracey smiles sweetly. "I'm okay."

"Okay or not, I needed to see you." Reece reaches forward and grips onto Tracey's hand, sending a shock through his own hand and into hers.

Tracey's blue eyes trailed down Reece's body to his hand, holding onto hers. She couldn't explain the feeling she got every time Reece touched her, but even she knew it was not natural. But she tried to ignore it, as Reece did not appear to notice it.

"You're really sweet, you know that right?" Tracey murmurs, her heart warming up in her chest. She was smitten over Reece, even though they had not been sexual; she could not help how she felt about the man.

Reece's smile grew and he looked down for a few seconds. He was only sweet when he wanted to be and so far, he was only sweet to her. Everyone else he treated with respect, otherwise he didn't care how he really spoke to them. Tracey though, she was important to Reece.