Movie Night Out - Punkflower

"Miles, are you sure this date is a good idea? Your mother and I haven't even met this "Hobie Brown" guy you're talking about."

"Dad I promise, after we come back and you two are still up I'll let you meet him." Miles said to his dad with his worried expression.

Jeff just laughs "Just get out of my house and be back before 12:00." He says and rubs Miles Head.

Miles runs out the door closing it, putting his suit and mask on and flies through down the stairs, out of the apartment swinging through the buildings and ending at the movies front area, once there, Miles take off his suit and he lands, and runs over to find Hobie already there on his phone until he looks up and sees him and smiles as he walks towards him.

"Oi, you're five minutes late." Hobie says

Miles put one of his hands behind his head with a nervous look "Sorry, I caught up with my dad at home."

"I'm just kidding, mate. It's okay."

"You got me worried, Hobie!"

"Yea, yea let's go get some snacks and watch the new movie. May I, love?" Hobie says the last part while taking his hand for Miles to hold in his thick accent.

"You may." Miles replies back holding Hobie's hand as they walk into the movies.

They get to the countertop and get their snacks and tickets.

"Hey you two, what can I get you guys today?"

Hobie tells Miles that he will pay and so Miles stepped back so he could order.

"Two tickets for "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" please." Hobie said.

"Alright two tickets, anything you want to eat?"

"Yea, one large popcorn, and two small blue raspberry ice slush."

"Of course, coming right up!" the worker behind the bar walks away to get the stuff.

Miles POV:

I have to tell him, it's better that I say it now than during the movie.

"Hey, Hobie, uhm..." I say and end up getting his attention.

"Yea?" he says replying with those pearl brown eyes getting me off guard looking straight at me.

"W-well my dad wants to meet-"

"Here's your popcorn, slushies, and tickets sir, enjoy your movie guys!" the worker said. Dang it, why did they have to say it now? didn't they see I was not talking?! But never mind I can't hate on them, their trying to do their job. I guess it can wait a little bit longer.

Hobie thanks the worker and grabs my hand dragging me to the theater we are supposed to be in, room number five.

It was 8:30 and the movie started in thirty more minutes so when we got in there the screen was already on playing but to the ads until for the meantime.

I found our seats and showed Hobie thats it's in the middle row onto the left. Two seats were to be together which were ours making it separate from others since there was a spot if there was a person who had a wheelchair but none took the spot.

We sat down and Hobie handed me my slush and we just talked for the time being until the movie started until I remembered what I was going to ask him.

Hobie POV:

I was just talking about how I hate the government and the worst parts about a runway model, until he asked me a question.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"