2. The Brave Bride

Don't forget to vote and comment!

My jaws clenched and unclenched as I pondered through the crowd of guests my so-called childhood bestfriend had invited

Not more than a month ago, the bastard was busy writing invitations to all the possible guests with absent mind. And now, he calls the wedding off and vanishes for me to take care of his mess.

No one had a clue about his disappearance. Neither his parents. Nor the bride's.

As soon as I realised Aman's confession was anything but a prank, I ran off to inform his parents. As I let them soak in the news of their only son's betrayal, I strode of to Vaani's room.

Vaani Rudraksh had been my assistant for about an year. She was the most professional employee I ever had. Her mere presence has been a huge relief in my chaotic professional life. She had got the hang of her duties within a very short span of time and had been a great help ever since.

And now, it was my responsibility to show her the world of being betrayed by her own fiance.

As I relayed the information of Aman standing her up on their wedding and as she scanned through the string of messages on my phone, I expected some kind of reaction from her. She could have screamed, she could have cursed, she could have suspected me and the authenticity of the messages. But she stood their... With no expressions what so ever.

"Havs you seen Mrs. Rudraksh?" I asked one of the bride's or not-so-bride's cousin.

"Oh! She is in Navya's room. The bride's sister's room. She is helping her wear her saree. It's 304." She informed me.

A weight lifted my chest at the denial of my suspicions. Thank God!

I strode of to the destined room. Knocking on the door, I waited until it opened. I really hate Aman for putting me in an awkward position.

And I hate him even more for abandoning his bride at the very last moment. I had seen the expression of glee on my assistant's face throughout last month. She was really exited for the wedding.

I wonder how I could not assess his character. My entire family hated his mere existence for reasons unexplainable. Maybe, they had assessed his character better than me.

As the door opened, I saw Mrs. Rudraksh and her younger daughter looking at me with a curious expression.

I ushered them to Vaani's room as politely and as quickly as possible. I found Mr. Rudraksh talking to one of the guest's near the mandap, I hauled him into his daughter's room too.

"Vaani? Are you still nervous?" Mrs. Rudraksh asked, failing to read her expressions.

"Aman called the wedding off. Via message." I intervened. The last thing I expect the bride is to go announcing her being stood up to her own family.