14. The Awkward silence

No goals for this one but I still hope you go on commenting as you keep reading :)

Old forgotten earphones are supposed to be messy. Teenagers' house after a party is supposed to be messy. Long strands of wool are supposed to be messy.

Life isn't.

But at this moment, my life is.

Crowned Prince aren't supposed to chew their nails. But here I am, again. Not that anybody would ever check my nails.

"Your life is messier than mine." Vaani Rudraksh analysed the situation. "Atleast I am not left with a kid I had no idea about." She said. I nodded my head.

"When was the last time I had sex?" She mumbled. I rolled my eyes at her antics. "TMI, Vaani. Grow up!" I elbowed her lightly.

"Ouch! Says the one who still looses his glucose biscuits in his tea cup." She retorted.

"The biscuit breaks and falls down on their own! That ain't my fault." I retorted back.

"Anyways, focus on the task at hand. Now, you have a kid to raise. You can't let your biscuit fall into the tea cup!" She dramatically explained.

"My mother's biscuits fall into the cup too, and she raised me just fine!" I argued.

"How can you even compare yourself with the Sanskriti Chauhan?!" She gasped.

"Because she gave birth to me!" I told her. Then grimaced. "You know what, just forget I said that." I rectified.

"Anyways, you are having Aarohi what's next?" She asked me.

"I got a legal notice about the Sharmas trying to filling a case of custody for Aarohi. I have no idea about how they even came to know about her existence, let alone her stay with me." I told her.

"My lawyers says me not being committed or me being single can be a point of advantage for the opposition. They can argue about how important a maternal figure is in a girl's life and even with tons of money and power I can't replace that." I told her.

"If the maternal grandma claims she can be the motherly figure of Aarohi's life, why can't the paternal grandma, your mother, claim too?" She asked me.

"I had initially thought about this. My sister-in-law or my mother could easily fulfill the space of mother in Aarohi's life. Not that I am never planning to marry, but the dynamic of the situation changes everything." I told her.

"For now, my lawyer wants me to get a stable lady by my side, by hook or by crook. She even suggested me to get someone through contractual marriage, if the situation arise." I added.

Vaani snorted in reply. "I have been wrecking my mind to find you a suitable date for the galas since a week. I can't imagine finding a wife for you."

"I don't even know what to do." I told her. "I need someone reliable, Vaani. Someone my daughter likes. If we are going into the legal fight, we'll take atleast an year to solve the issue. It won't be possible if my daughter isn't comfortable with her." I told her.

"Moreover, I want someone safe enough to share a room with. Because there is no way my mother is going to let me walk into a loveless marriage. There has to be atleast a bit of chemistry for the bride to pass through my parent's eyes." I told her.

"Even more than that, the woman should never forget the basic terms of the marriage. This will not be a real marriage. Hence, we'll have an expiry date for sure. And expecting this relationship to take any other dynamic would not be smart for either of us. Moreover, she'll be the crown princess of Jaipur, she has to pass my public too. Too many qualities to find in a woman in a short span of time." I told her.

She made a noise while she wrecked her brain too. "Why don't you dial up your mother and ask her? Make a hypothetical situation about if you ever go for an arranged marriage who would your mother like as your partner and all that. Your mother cam never be wrong with her choices." She told me.

I cocked my eyebrow at her idea. "Not bad, Ms. Rudraksh." I appreciated.

She flipped her hair in dramatic swag and dusted off her shoulders. Look at her coming over a cliff to cry and then getting involved in my problems.

Taking out my phone from my pocket, I dialed my mother's number. She picked up at the second last ring, or so I felt.

"Aarohi slept just now. It better be something important, Ady." She answered into the phone as I heard a soft click of the bedroom door.

"If I ever ask you to arrange a marriage for me, who would you choose as my bride?" I asked her and looked at Vaani in confirmation. She showed her thumbs up in reply. I had put my phone on speaker by now for my assistant was as curious as me.

"Hypothetically speaking, right?" She asked me.

"Yep." I answered her.

"I think I'll go with your assistant. I think Vaani will perfectly fit into your life. Not that I'll go and burden the poor soul with my expectations at this moment. She just escaped a toxic relationship. She needs tons and tons of space to heal and restore. But may be in a few years, if you haven't won her by then, I'll go to her parents with my little guy's rishta?"

My eyes widened at her suggestion. And so did the subject in discussion's.

"Okay, mumma. Thank you. Good night." I hung up the call. I never knew my mother shipped me with my assistant.

An awkward pause resonated in the environment.

"Okay. Phew!" She let out an awkward laugh. "This wasn't how it was supposed to be turn out." She laughed some more. Awkwardly ofcourse.

"Ofcourse not." I kneaded my eyebrows. "I am sorry for making this awkward." I apologised sincerely.

"It's okay. I can understand." She told me.

Another large wave of awkward silence continued until we both departed for abode.

How are you liking the story so far?

Don't forget to vote and comment!