10. The Havoc

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Wreck.

Havoc.

Disaster.

There were no fixed number of synonyms that could suffice in describing the situation I was currently in.

After the life shattering revelation about having an off spring, I had overwhelming amount of feelings brewing in my heart and mind. Millions of questions to seek answer from practically no body. And the realization that Samaira was... no more.. felt unreal.

The shrill crying of my daughter crying in her crib that I once used decades ago, gained my attention. I didn't knew shit about babies. Or even toddlers for a matter of fact. The only toddler I had ever seen was Kiara, my cousin. The moment of alliance with her had been short, merely a week. Ever since then, I had met her for a day or two every now and then.

Yet, I wasn't capable of becoming a father from any angle whatsoever. But, now, I had no time to wallow. As much as I can cry over my situation of being merely twenty eight and experience of a hermit, I had a child to raise.

Waddling my daughter's crying figure in my arms, I prayed for her to stop crying. My mother walked through the door and into my room with a bottle of lukewarm milk. Taking her from my hand, mumma fed her the bottle with animated voice. Her wrinkles were the only thing that gave away her age, otherwise she could have easily fit into the role of a new mother herself.

My explanation about the arrival of my daughter had been short and crisp for I didn't have the time to explain the longer version, especially when I myself had no idea about the entire story.

"Adyansh." She called out for me. Blinking to clear my haze of panic, I hummed in reply.

"Make a list." She ordered as she rocked the baby to sleep. My baby to sleep.

"Diapers. Wet wipes. Sterilizer. Baby formula.. Oh! We also have to check with a pediatrician before we go for any milk products. She might be lactose intolerant for all we know." Mumma rambled off.

"Then what is she drinking now?" I asked her. The cresent liquid in the bottle was looking like milk for sure.

"It's baby formula, Ady." She answered. "And why do we have baby formula at home?" I asked her.

She fell into deep silence, probably contemplating if she should even disclose the idea to me. "Vedansh and Prisha are trying for a baby. Vedansh is already accumulating things for the baby. I mean the baby they are still trying to conceive." She answered.

My heart broke for Prisha bhabhi. Her prediction about Ansh bhai being silently expectant was right. This would surely put pressure on her, if, God forbid, she really does face fertility complications.

A knock on the door broke my reverie. My eyes flew towards the clock hanging on the wall. It displayed 11:00 am.

It was unusual for any one to pay me a visit just before noon. But then again, there were a lot of things unusual for me these days.

The door opened on my permission revealing my curious assistant with a cup of tea in her hand. The relief I felt at the sight of the porcelain cup holding the brown liquid with sweet smell wafting off the cup was beyond words.

Hurrying towards the cup, I absolutely forgot my manners for a moment. Taking the cup, I let the smell of ginger and spices do its magic on my tongue and my mind and may be even my soul.

"I swear to God, Vaani! I could kiss you against the door for the cup of tea!" I sputtered before I could even contemplate.

"Adyansh!" My mumma condemned me making me shut my eyes for a second and internally bit my tongue.

Vaani, on the other hand, has been frozen at my informal or rather traumatizing behaviour. Her brown eyes were wide with amusement and shock.

"Sorry for the slip up." I apologised. "It had been a long night. I really needed this." I admitted truthfully.

Before Vaani could reply, Aarohi wailed yet again. For a tiny human being, she surely had a loud voice. I winced at the high pitch cry.

I looked apologetically towards my assistant, who I thought would be wincing too. Instead, Vaani stood there with a curious expression. It was like she was trying to decode about my daughter without actually knowing anything about her parents.

As my mother tried to pacify the baby, who wasn't a baby yet I liked to call her baby for she was too tiny to be called anything else, Vaani contemplated something in her mind. Her mind gears were working at a whole new level at the moment.

"Can I.." she halted. Contemplated. Contemplated some more.

"Can you what, sweetheart?" My mother asked, trying her best to be audible amongst the wails.

"Can I try holding her?" She asked. My mother looked between me, Vaani and the baby twice before she nodded. I don't know what it was, but something passed in Sanskriti Rathore's eyes.

Vaani stepped ahead and cuddled my daughter closer to her chest. Fuck, calling her 'my daughter' makes everything seem even more real than it was.

"Shh. Baby." Vaani began rocking Aarohi in her arms. "What is it, sweetie? What's troubling you?" She cooed at her. Astonishingly, Aarohi began calming down.

"Seems like my baby is in a mood throw tantrums. Aren't you, my sweet girl?" Vaani tapped at Aarohi's tiny chin twice making tiny giggles erupt amidst her softer cries.

"Look how beautiful you are!" She dramatically exclaimed as she paced around the room now.

"Crying makes you look all red and bothered. But my baby is the epitome of calmness, aren't you little girl?" She cooed at her.

"Or are you the she-devil with an aura to make people piss in their pants, baby?" She giggled.

Aarohi, ofcourse, had no idea about what was being said, but she was giggling nonetheless.

My eyes kept tracing Aarohi with Vaani. They were almost... natural. For a moment, I wondered if she could be the Sanskriti to my Vedansh... Yashoda to my Krishna...

I shook my head at the thought. Just because she is helping me out at the moment, doesn't mean I'll be over burdening her with all kind of ridiculous thoughts. Especially when she has escaped Aman not even a week ago.

My mother passed the feeding bottle to Vaani who kept rocking Aarohi. She sneakily but the bottle in Aarohi's mouth as my daughter looked at Vaani like she was the ultimate source of entertainment for her.

Sorry for being late

80+ votes and 50+ comments for the next chapter?