8. The Baby.

A really really, bohot zada really, dramatic chapter ahead. Buckle up and keep commenting as you go down your way.

"So, how have you liked working with Ady so far, Vaani?"

I heard my brother ask as stuffed my cheeks full with rice. I waited for her reply as let the velvety texture of Shahi Paneer melt into my mouth.

Honestly speaking, Shahi Paneer with rice should be as popular as Rajma Rice or Kadhi chawal. A large number of people are seriously missing onto this combo everyday.

"So, far it has been great, sir. A great six figure salary, area of growth in professional area, healthy employee relationships.." She trailed before shrugging. "I'm practically living my dream job." She added.

The conversation on the dining table followed a steady flow between Vaani and my family. Topics deteriorated from work to hobbies, food habits to television shows, politics to sports, fashion to films. Vaani was a natural with us. But so was...

I shook my head to get rid of any thoughts related to her. It took a lot of efforts and therapy to get out of the spiraling overthinking strategy of coping up. The never ending sagas of whys and hows were mentally exhausting and there's no way I am going down that road again.

"Yuvraj sa." I heard Wahaj call me out of my reverie. "There's a man outside. He's desperately begging to meet you for the past.. week. We asked him to get an appointment to have a meeting but he's constantly pestering us. What would you like us to do with him?" He asked, only for me to hear.

"Is everything okay, Adyansh?" I heard my mother ask. Wary underlined her tone as crinkles formed between her eyebrows. I gave her a reassuring smile, "Everything's okay, mumma. There's someone outside who wants to meet me. I guess I should go and have a look out there. You guys go on with the desert, I'll join soon." I told her as I followed Wahaj out of the palace.

At the security fort, a guy in his mid thirties patiently awaited me with a sleeping toddler in his hand. I cocked my head to my left as I tried hard to remember if I had ever met him. In vain, the man was a stranger to my mind.

"Yuvraj sa is here. Keep a respectable distance while you speak to him." Wahaj warned him. The man nodded his head before he walked towards me and halted at a meter distance.

Up close, I could see eye bags lining under his eyes. His eyeballs were blood red and unattended subtle peppered his cheeks. It seemed like he had been sleep deprived for God knows how many days. Adorned in a plain white shirt and a pair of jeans, he looked like any normal man out there.

"Namaste." I greeted him first as I tried to study his appearance.

"Namaste." He greeted me back. We fell into an uncomfortable silence as the stranger gathered his thoughts before he began to speak.