16. The Unexpected Proposal

Not so unexpected now, was it? 🌝

Mann mein laddoo phoote?

"I think you should actually act upon your mother's idea

"I think you should actually act upon your mother's idea. Your assistant would know your situation better than anybody else. Moreover, you can always draw a prenup in your favour. The court's date is in a month and a half. Plan quickly, Mr. Rathore."

My lawyer's words kept repeating in my mind as my eyes traced the figure of my assistant carrying my daughter in her arms and pacing the hospital corridor.

The pediatrician had gone back home on a half day and requested half an hour to come back to the hospital. Given that he was the best pediatrician in the city, I didn't want to appoint any other doctor for Aarohi.

I wondered if I could ever ask Vaani to sign a fucking marriage contract. She has just escaped a really toxic relationship with Aman, she's still weeping over her sister, how could I ever be so selfish.

But then, my daughter seemed to be most comfortable with her. My family is practically shipping me with her. I have a cordial acquaintance with her. And she has been my confidant for the past week too.

I understand her situation as much as she understands mine. Our relationship might be temporary, might absolutely not be based on love but I'll always treat her with respect. I'll provide for her. And be a rock behind her back, as long as she wants me to be.

But then again I'll need to convince her for the inhumane demand I am going to make.

"Adyansh!"

"Hmm?"

"I have been calling you for so long. I have practically shook you to consciousness. Where are you lost, Mr. Rathore?"

Her eyebrows were furrowed as I noticed the absence of my daughter in her arms.

"I.. am sorry. I had been lost. Where's Aarohi?" I asked her.

"The doctor took her in. Come." She informed me as we walked into the doctor's cabin where the doctor was trying his best to keep Aarohi entertained though he failed miserably.

My daughter made a grumpy face at the doctor, looking exactly like my dad when he's asked to control his diet. I chuckled at the similarity.

As soon as Aarohi's eyes landed on my assistant, she squealed. She. Squealed!! She doesn't even spare me, her biological father, a splitting glance but squeals at my assistant!

The queen of partiality.

The doctor assessed Aarohi's forehead while Vaani held her. He prescribed a few ointments for reducing the swell and pain and gave us a green signal to take Aarohi home.

"And Mrs. Rathore, please make sure to baby proof things in your room. She'll be crashing a lot in the upcoming years, protect her from harmful concussions." He added.