Chapter Thirteen

~A FEW WEEKS LATER~

It'd been almost a month since I'd found Spirit in the woods that day. His wounds had practically completely healed by now- all we needed the vet to give him the all clear. Maybe then, I could even ask Jacob if I could ride him!

I was having riding lessons on Red daily now, instructed by Jacob of course. I was now cantering around the arena track, and even starting to jump cross poles! 

So, life at Maple Ridge had rapidly improved now that Spirit was here. I was even starting to do my chores on the ranch. 

I was visiting Spirit every day now, talking to him, dreaming about riding him one day.

But, I wasn't the only one giving him attention these days...

Locals from neighbouring ranches would usually come down to Maple Ridge to see how Spirit was doing. I didn't like the attention much, and neither did Uncle John. After all, he'd come down to Maple Ridge to get away from the crowds of people and now it was like they couldn't stop following him! He usually stopped visitors coming in by around 5:00pm. 

So that was why I was so surprised to meet Georgia...

I know guys, I know- another short chapter. But the next one is gonna be longer, I promise!