Vol 1. Chapter 13 - Fairytale Ending

What happened yesterday excited me. Horikita showed glimpses of what she could become, and it was incredibly promising.

Though, I should put the topic about Horikita aside for now, as I'm currently sitting with a certain strawberry girl in the cafeteria.

"Okay, let's get down to business. I agreed to share with you some valuable information in exchange for a favour. Do you still agree to these terms?" I asked for formality's sake.

"Of course," answered Ichinose.

"Favour? I wonder what you'll do with that, Ayanokouji-kun~?" teased the purple-haired girl sitting next to Ichinose.

Who was this devil, and why was she friends with the pure Ichinose?

"I have already made it clear to Ichinose that I will not be permitted to ask for anything that can be considered immoral, so please do not make any assumption."

"Amikura-san, I don't think you should be teasing Ayanokouji-kun since this will probably be an important conversation."

"Ehhhh? Fine, I guess you escape this time," the demon pouted, which, I admit, looked quite cute.

"Alright. First of all, I would like to ask you a question. What do you think about this school?"

"What do we think about this school? Well, I guess it's very lenient. I mean, giving 100,000 points to everyone each month is a lot of money for high schoolers." Ichinose gave her opinion, I couldn't disagree with it more.

"You're wrong. Lenient is the exact opposite of this school," I reproached.

"Huh? But they're giving us 100,000 points each month!" Amikura exclaimed.

Haah, had the scripted speech really fooled them? Weren't these people supposed to be more intelligent than the students in my class? They were Class B, for god's sake! If Class A were anything like this, then maybe I should give up on trying to find someone to compete against in this school.

"Each month? My teacher never said anything about receiving 100,000 points each month."

Ichinose seemed to be most affected by my statement, her eyes had widened in realisation. However, Amikura still attempted to deny the truth. "Then maybe your teacher got it wrong."

"No, she definitely didn't. You see, it was a scripted speech," I said, while taking my phone out of my pocket and started searching for a certain file.

"Scripted speech? What do you mean?" Ichinose had now calmed down and was joining in on the conversation.

"Here, listen to this." I pulled out a voice recording on my phone and pressed play.

"First of all, points are split into two categories. The 100,000 in your accounts right now are what we call 'private points'. The other type of points are 'class points'."

"Every single freshman class, from A to D, is given 1000 class points at the start of the year because they passed the entrance exam. These class points are then converted into private points and are deposited into your accounts at the start of each month. With this in mind, you could conclude that class points are updated each month..."

"I'm sure you know the classes are labelled in alphabetical order. There is, like everything else in this school, a reason for that. Class A is the most promising batch of students of your year level. They are followed by Class B, C, and of course, you guys, Class D, who are deemed as the 'defects' of your year. It's just like the system you'd find in major cram schools. However, there is one major difference between ANHS and said major cram schools. You are surely all familiar with the promise of a guarantee of your futures; the promise of a 100% employment and college acceptance rate. This was all a lie on the government's part, or at least, this statement is not true for the graduates of Classes B, C, and D..."