Chapter 1: The falling camera

(lowercases intended)

"jimin, didn't you say you needed some photography lessons?" jungkook asks his friend, who stops on his tracks at the question.

jimin looks back at the younger, answering "yeah, why?", to which jungkook replies pointing at the wallboard on the hall, where a poster announces a photography workshop. jimin hurries closer to the board and reads the poster carefully, letting out exciting noises while he reads.

"oh my god, is a photography workshop imparted by another uni's teacher that our college is hosting. they're even giving discounts to students from here!"

classes had just started this week but jimin already knows he is going to fail fashion media and advertising, as their professor had expressly said that the final portfolio, garments, pictures, and design of the printed book must be all made by themselves. the old woman had explained that the creation and production of the portfolio is the main objective of the class, so the process has to be completely self-made.

the collection and digital design were easy for jimin, but taking pictures with anything else than his phone, and even less if those pictures were supposed to help him "sell his product", was a whole different problem. he has never used a professional camera before, not even held one, so this workshop came just at the right time, this must be fated.

"so, you'll go?" jungkook questions, interrupting jimin's train of thought.

"of course i will! i can afford it and i'm sure learning this will definitely help in the future," he explains, but then he frowns. "the thing is that i need a nice camera, like a professional one, and that i cannot afford."

with that, both boys resume walking after jimin takes a quick picture of the poster. after a couple of seconds of silence, jungkook starts mumbling to himself, cocking his head. "i think i've seen yoongi with a camera before..."

jimin turns to him, eyes wide. "what- really?!" jungkook nods smiling and jimin gasps excited.

"you think he'd let me use it for the workshop?" he asks with sparkling eyes.

jungkook's smile drops a little at that and hums for a long time as a response. jimin pouts and gives him puppy eyes. he knows he's sometimes clumsy with things like that, but this was an amazing chance, and he really needs that camera.

"pleeeease, i swear i'll be really careful with it and i'll give it back as soon as i finish. though i may have to use it later in the semester," he adds.

jungkook sighs but smiles again looking at the older. "i'll ask and try to convince him, don't worry."

jimin shrieks happily and hugs his friend tightly, exclaiming how he saved his semester. "i'll make the payment later this afternoon so i get a spot before the workshop gets full-"

"yeah yeah, just get off me already, we need to reach the main building before next period," jungkook mumbles.

the other hits him softly on the shoulder, stating that's not the way to talk to his roommate, but lets him go so they can finally get their errand done.

* * *

the boys arrive at their place, which they have been sharing for a semester now. jungkook moved into jimin's place at the end of his first semester so he could spend more time with yoongi in his last semester, and to make jimin company in their remaining years at university. jungkook's parents were okay with it, though a little sad that he was leaving the house so soon, but they let him go anyway.

since then, both friends share a great place near their campus, jungkook already in his second year majoring in education, as jimin is in his third year, just a year away from graduating in fashion design.