Chapter 2: A random photoshoot

the next day, jimin is in his confection class working in perfecting his ruffles' seeming technique when the teacher comes his way. he smiles at seokjin and shows him his work, the older approves with a satisfied hum and rests his hips at the edge of the table, hands in his pockets as he abandons his teacher's role for a second to chat with his friend.

"how was the workshop? did you learn something already?" seokjin asks curiously.

jimin sighs and lays his ruffles on the table. "i did learn some basic stuff, but i don't know if one month will be enough," he starts. "you should have seen me, i couldn't even place the damn thing on my face correctly."

seokjin chuckles at that but nods. "i know, i had a hard time with photography too at the time, but you can't give up, that professor is too strict about learning to do everything by ourselves. it is a good thing in the long run, believe me, even more for us who mostly become entrepreneurs," he assures, "but i know it can be quite hard at the beginning."

jimin pouts. "i know, i get it," he says dejected, "i just really hope i can get good enough."

seokjin pats him on the shoulder and offers him a comforting smile. "how are jungkook and yoongi doing? it's been a while since i've heard about the lovebirds," he grins.

"ugh, they're a ball of sunshine and love, i hate them," he groans. seokjin snorts at that. "i mean, i'm grateful for jungkook wanting to keep me company, but if i have to witness their not-so-subtle dom-sub moments one more time i will set the whole place on fire."

seokjin laughs again, this time shaking his head and ruffling jimin's hair before he stands from the table. "don't worry, jiminie, your soulmate will come soon enough," he throws a wink and a grin his way and heads to join the rest of the class.

jimin squints his eyes in his friend's (slash teacher) direction, but ends up sighing. he takes his ruffles again and keeps working as his mind wanders. he knows he's not really angry at jungkook and yoongi, it's quite the opposite actually, it makes him happy watching them together, and even more after how much his friend has changed from being a shy and quiet boy to someone bright and confident.

he knows, too, that seokjin is right, and that he's mostly annoyed because of how impatient he feels about not founding his soulmate yet. so many years at school had clearly settled that the guy in question wasn't there, so the only thing jimin could do is to keep living his life normally and wait.

after his last class of the day ends and jimin arrives at his place, he goes straight for the camera in the living room to try and remember what he learned in the first class. he takes the camera to his face (making sure the damn lid is off) and recites the steps the professor taught them to ensure a good picture.

a sound comes from the bathroom and the door opens to reveal yoongi, who pauses at the boy on the couch.

"oh, hey jimin," he simply greets.

jimin is used to yoongi being there all the time, as he expertly knows the couple's hanging days and times threaded around their busy schedules, so he just nods his way, camera still on his face.

yoongi chuckles and comes to sit on the couch, ignoring jimin's reciting exercise by checking something on his phone. "getting the hang of it?" he asks absentmindedly.

jimin tsks and lowers the camera. "trying, at best," he answers, and looks at how the boy nods slowly, eyes still on the phone.

he wouldn't say his relationship with yoongi is bad, it is mostly okay. they surely consider themselves friends, but then again, most of the things they have in common are connected to jungkook, and his friend's presence obviously makes the situations more lighthearted. so he finds himself cracking his head to come up with something to talk about until his eyes reach the camera and promptly hands it to the older.