Chapter 11: I found you

even when he's not feeling that well yet, jimin can't postpone his responsibilities as a student for that long, even if he wanted to. so, he attends his classes as best as he can, just squirming from time to time when the headaches get too painful, but he manages to get by.

jungkook sends him texts every hour after each of his classes to ask how he's doing, so after the fourth message, he just starts to reply with a thumbs-up emoji to all of them, which seems to be enough for jungkook to notify him that he's still alive.

he still checks his phone from time to time though, not wanting to admit that he's waiting for a text from taehyung. after the day of the call, his body feels even weaker when he thinks of the brunette somehow, so he tries to keep him in the back of his mind with reassuring thoughts.

in the evening, he arrives a bit earlier to his photography class and catches professor choi alone as he sets his things up on the desk. the man turns at the sound of the door and greets the boy with a smile.

"jimin, glad to have you back, how've you been?" the man asks, patting the younger's shoulder.

the latter gifts him a small smile. "thanks, mr. choi, i'm mostly alright now," he assures, "and i didn't want to fall behind, so i thought to come here a little earlier," he looks at the professor with a hopeful look.

mr. choi chuckles and ruffles jimin's hair. "of course, let me get my things and we can review what you missed."

he then starts to explain some of the subjects they practiced last class, jimin pays attention as best as he can with a still light headache but making mental notes and reviewing it with the camera at the same time.

when the rest of his classmates start to come in, he thanks the the teacher and heads to find his usual seat, but before he leaves, the teacher lets out an "oh, i forgot" that makes the boy stop. the older grins, "i talked to taehyung this morning, his dad will leave the hospital tomorrow, so he'll be coming back on wednesday morning," he announces, "maybe we'll be able to see him next class" he finally celebrates.

the announcement makes jimin smile too, his heart fluttering embarrassingly at the thought of taehyung coming back, too strong to try and mask his excitement.

"that's great, i'm so glad they're okay, thanks professor," he beams. he heads to his usual seat, and with renewed energy, starts to prepare his camera for the next assignment.

***

as seokjin announces the results from their last week's evaluations and comments on some of the projects, jimin notices that the headaches are starting to dissipate, leaving instead a feeling of being hot all over inside, as if a fever is starting to claim his body from his gut.

he forces himself to pay attention as their teacher reviews each work, signaling where they can do better and different ideas they can apply to their clothes.

when the comments are over and there are no more questions, his classmates start to leave the class, and seokjin takes the time to come and find his friend.

"you did well on the evaluation, jiminnie, those textures were a great idea," he grins and reaches to ruffle the younger's hair. but as his hand brushes his scalp, the older frowns and stops, placing a hand on jimin's forehead. the redhaired squirms at the touch.

the older takes his hand off. "jimin, are you alright? i think you have a fever," seokjin voices with concern.

jimin sighs and finishes packing his things, "i don't even know, the headaches and fevers just keep coming and going," he starts frustrated, "and no matter what i take or do, i still feel awful."