Chapter 8: Chinese takeout and feelings

jimin wakes up groggily, squinting at the light that comes through the little window in his room. while he looks for his phone, he notices that he's wearing yesterday's clothes, probably won over by soreness to even put something comfy before going to sleep. he had faked surprise when the sight of yoongi welcomed him late last night, greeting both happily and mumbling something like fucking finally and being glad of seeing them together again, before excusing himself saying he was really tired.

everything after that was a blur, and that's why he snaps his neck around, suddenly alert, trying to remember what he did with the garments the night before. he spots the protective cover carefully hanging off the hook on his door and chuckles softly to himself in satisfaction, he could be a lot of things but careless with his work was not one of them, he thinks proudly at himself, resuming to look for his phone until he gets hold of it from under a pillow.

the hour that stares back at him gets jimin out of bed and running towards the bathroom in an instant, as he realizes his first class starts in just 20 minutes. when he gets out of another 5-minute shower, of which he's been having a lot more frequently these days (he swears that the semester just started but he's already tired of it all) he hurries to grab an apple from the kitchen, failing to see the two slumps on the couch in the living room until he turns around looking for his laptop's charger.

both yoongi and jungkook are asleep soundly, the younger holding firmly the other from behind, oblivious to the fact that yoongi is dangerously close to falling off the edge. that and knowing that jungkook would not be happy if he misses his classes, is what makes him take a pillow from the floor and throw it at them. jungkook stirs, suddenly letting go of yoongi, who lets a sudden shriek when he almost falls before jungkook holds him again. in that position, the two of them look up slowly at the redhaired, who just looks pointedly at them and shakes his head.

"you're really making me witness this first thing in the morning... disgusting," he sentences, half serious, half teasing, taking his charger from under jungkook's foot, shoving it into his bag and heading out through the door, smile in full bloom and head still shaking when he climbs down the stairs.

"lovebirds," he murmurs as he checks his phone and then takes a run to the classroom, wishing he can make it on time.

* * *

"i practiced a little before coming here," jimin smiles. "i tried to set up the garments i'm trying on you today to look nice."

taehyung comes closer to peek at the camera's screen, jimin hands it to him so he can get a better look and beams when an approving exclamation comes from taehyung's lips. the other boy looks at jimin smiling, complimenting the pictures, and hands back the camera.

"not bad after just two weeks of courses."

jimin flushes a little at the feedback, rolling the strap of the camera back around his neck. "thanks, i know they don't look that professional yet, but i think that with a nice set and some good lighting i-"

the taller boy places a hand on his shoulder softly, a reassuring smile on his face. "they came up great, jimin. i think you don't have to worry that much about your project after all," the smile turns brighter. jimin is about to answer when the teacher asks for their attention.

"well, guys, we're wrapping up our second week, which means we're halfway to go before the workshop ends," he explains, some of the attendances make sad noises and the teacher chuckles a little. "i know, i know, luckily the next two weeks will be even more fun and practical now that we have most of the theory down. we'll practice some of the things we've already seen and cover more specialized fields such as commercial and editorial photography."