Chapter 3: Must be nice

the sudden ding that rings through jimin's phone catches him between numerous samples of cloth in his favorite fabric store in the city, so he rests the long tubes of fabric on the wall beside him and fishes for his phone from his pocket.

a smile breaks on his lips when he sees the text is from taehyung, answering to the picture he sent him that morning, which showed the screen of the camera with a picture of jungkook, who was intently trying to avoid said picture. the important part was that it was perfectly still and clear, which he had struggled with last class, so he accompanied it with a simple i think i'm getting better and a quirky emoji.

taehyung's reply is a ton of laughing emojis, and then a silly line claiming how he clearly captured the guy's essence. jimin laughs at that and just then jungkook appears, struggling with the other four tubes of fabric jimin asked for. the boy lays those tubes on the wall as well and sighs tiredly. he looks at his friend and raises a brow. "oh? what got you smiling like that?" he teases a little.

jimin just brushes him off with a hand and answers vaguely that he's just answering a text. when he's about to reply to taehyung, a new message comes with one single word.

tae:

soulmate?

jimin chokes with his own spit and quickly lets go of all the samples to answer the message, explaining how "oh god, no, he's my best friend," that they just shared his place and clarifying that said boy already had a soulmate. jungkook just looks at him from behind his phone with a weird look.

taehyung sends some embarrassed emojis and a quick oh, sorry in response and jimin feels himself sighing in relief before another message comes.

tae:

must be nice...

he frowns at the message.

jimin:

having a roommate?

the three dots stay longer on taehyung's end, but when the message finally pops out, jimin inhales with something tugging at his heart.

tae:

having a soulmate

and he knows that the excitement that bubbles up inside him is in vain, because both he and taehyung had their respective soulmates somewhere, and even when he finds the boy extremely cute, he shouldn't start thinking and feeling these things he's thinking and feeling.

so he forces himself to extinguish that bubbly feeling in his chest and answers the text with a quick "tell me about it, idk if their constant pda makes me want to hug them or kick them out." taehyung doesn't miss a beat and quickly sends some emojis of someone kicking another guy out of a door.

jimin laughs out loud again, but he catches the time on the corner of the screen and panics a little at how late it is, time always slips faster when he comes to this place. he packs his phone in his pocket again, promising himself to answer taehyung once he arrives at his place. he takes the samples he has been checking earlier and with a gesture of the head signals jungkook to follow him.

jungkook rolls his eyes but takes the rest of the tubes, struggling to balance all of them again and follows his friend through the store.

*******

"look! this time I got it!" jimin turns to taehyung, who has been following him while he takes the pictures for this class assignment. this time, they were learning about focus and lighting, the two things jimin's been struggling with the most this past week since the course started, so he's not embarrassed to shove the camera to taehyung's face with a bright smile and proudly puffing out his chest.