Chapter 2

Chapter 2: The Curse

Sonya and Phil Russell faced difficulties in conceiving a child due to Phil's infidelity. Eventually, Sonya became pregnant, but Phil desired a son while Sonya was content with any gender. However, they received news from the doctor that they were expecting twin girls, both of whom had cerebral palsy. Phil was furious and abandoned Sonya for his mistress. Despite the babies' disabilities, Sonya loved them unconditionally and eagerly awaited their arrival. Although devastated by Phil's departure, Sonya remained resilient for the sake of her unborn daughters.

Sonya's parents are willing to babysit when her babies are born, which is great. However, Sonya and her sister Felicity do not have a good relationship because Felicity only pursues wealthy men. Felicity moves to England, which does not bother Sonya. However, Sonya learns that Felicity is pregnant with King Daniel's child, and she feels sorry for her sister because the king will not marry her. Sonya befriends her new neighbor, an architect named Roger Parkes, who helps her with the babies' room. Sonya likes Roger and they begin dating.

Roger proposed to Sonya and she accepted soon after. They decided to wait until their twins were born before getting married. The wedding was a small affair with only close family and friends in attendance. Although Sonya's parents invited Felicity, she declined the invitation, which did not bother Sonya. The twins were given Phil's last name as he was paying child support and had visitation rights. Phil and his wife were expecting a son, which made him happy.

King Daniel and Queen Annabelle welcomed a baby boy, Prince Edward, which made King Daniel very happy. To celebrate the birth of their son, King Daniel organized a party where three of Queen Annabelle's friends, Rachel, Alice, and Chloe, who were witches, attended. Each of them brought a gift for Prince Edward. Rachel's gift was the ability to excel in whatever he chose to do, while Alice's gift was the gift of kindness. However, before Chloe could present her gift, an evil witch named Felicity interrupted.

Felicity approached the King and Queen with a frustrated look on her face. "This party should be about our son, not this intruder!" she exclaimed in a loud voice.

The King countered with a laugh, "Actually, you're the intruder here. I never agreed to marry you. You're just a lover to me."

Suddenly, Felicity burst out laughing and announced, "I have a gift for your son! The gift of ugliness. He'll be a hideous monster!" With that, she vanished into thin air.

Queen Annabelle was in tears and King Daniel was furious.

"But wait," Alice interjected. "Chloe still has her gift to give the prince. Maybe she can undo the curse?"

"The gift I am giving to your son is a symbol of true love. If your son can find true love the curse will be broken," Chloe replied.

King Daniel was skeptical, "Do you know how hard it is going to be to find a girl who will look at my son?!" he asked.

Chloe replied, "I'm sorry, but that's the only way the curse can be broken." King Daniel became enraged and ordered a warrant for Felicity's arrest, but unfortunately, Felicity had already left the country. It was a difficult situation, but Chloe remained calm and assured King Daniel that they would find a way to break the curse.