Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Disappointed and Recovery

King Charles was furious with King Daniel for allowing his son to behave rudely towards his daughter. He confronted King Daniel, reminding him of his promise that his son would marry King Charles' daughter.

"When my daughter visited your son, Prince Edward, he was incredibly rude to her!" King Charles said, his voice filled with anger.

King Daniel replied in a similar tone, saying, "I cannot force my son to marry someone he does not love. I never promised you that he would marry your daughter."

King Charles, sensing he was getting nowhere, asked about King Daniel's other son, Prince Peter.

"My son Peter does not have feelings for Princess Jenny either. Your daughter does not have feelings for either of my sons," King Daniel replied with irritation.

King Charles acknowledged the correctness of King Daniel's perspective, but he was uncertain about the course of action to take. He was unsure about the suitable suitor for his daughter's hand in marriage. Considering the possibility, King Charles contemplated proposing the idea of King James marrying his daughter. Meanwhile, Princess Jenny, feeling frustrated, desired a temporary escape. However, King Charles was unwilling to grant Princess Jenny permission to go away.

Lucy

Halloween had arrived, and I had outgrown the tradition of trick or treating. Instead, my parents decided to host a party in our neighborhood. Edward, who was unsure about attending, was reassured when I informed him that only familiar faces would be present. Additionally, Edward's brother would also be joining the festivities. Coincidentally, my own brother Eric had come to visit for the weekend.

Princess Jenny

Princess Jenny suspected that Prince Edward was seeing another girl. She decided to follow him to a party to confirm her suspicions. At the party, Princess Jenny saw Prince Edward talking to a girl who wasn't very pretty. She couldn't believe that he would reject her for someone like that. She was about to confront him when she ran into a handsome boy named Eric Parkes. Eric introduced himself and they talked for a long time. Princess Jenny liked Eric and decided to give him her phone number and address. She didn't tell him that she was a princess though.

Princess Jenny returned home in a joyful state, which surprised King Charles as he had expected her to still be upset. He was unaware of the reason behind her improved mood, but he was pleased to see her in a better state of mind.

Lucy

Eric seems to be in a great mood today. My mom knew he was smitten, so Sonya decided to ask him about the girl he was interested in.

"Who is the girl?" Sonya inquired curiously.

"Her name is Jenny Price. She was at the party," Eric disclosed.

I didn't say anything, but I don't recall inviting Jenny Price to the party. "When can we meet Jenny?" Sonya asked excitedly.

"I just met her. It's too soon," Eric responded.

The following day, Eric returned to Mississippi. I asked Monica if she knew Jenny Price, but she said no. However, Monica agreed to ask around to see if anyone knew Jenny Price. On the bright side, I won a writing contest and even got a scholarship. My parents were ecstatic.