Chapter 13

Chapter 13: The Shocking News

"Hey, did you hear about Prince Edward?" King Charles asked King Daniel as they met.

"No, what's going on?" King Daniel replied, curious.

"Apparently, he's been seeing a girl with no royal blood. Her name is Lucy Russell," King Charles revealed.

King Daniel's face turned red with anger.

"I had no idea. My son never told me anything about this!" he exclaimed. "My daughter told me about it. She's actually friends with Lucy," King Charles said sympathetically.

"I'm sorry for my son's behavior. He can be quite stubborn sometimes," King Daniel apologized.

After King Charles left, King Daniel began to ponder. He couldn't shake the feeling that Lucy might be using his son to become queen. Determined to get to the bottom of things, King Daniel managed to track down Lucy's residence. Not wanting to raise any suspicions, he dressed in ordinary clothes. As he approached the house, he spotted a stunning young woman coming outside and couldn't help but wonder if that was Lucy. Gathering his courage, King Daniel approached the door and introduced himself as Daniel Randolph, a traveler whose car had broken down and phone had died. To his surprise, he was greeted by a hospitable man named Roger Parkes who invited him to join their dinner and offered to look at his car afterwards.

King Daniel stepped into Roger's house, and he was greeted by a friendly woman who entered the living room.

"Sonya, this is Daniel Randolph. He is having car problems. I told him that I would look at his car after dinner," Roger explained.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Randolph. I'm Sonya. And these are our lovely daughters, Lucy, Laura, and Holly," Sonya introduced her daughters to Daniel.

As King Daniel looked at the girls, he realized that the beautiful girl was not Lucy, but Holly. He was amazed by how kind Roger and his family were, and he now understood why his son was in love with Lucy.

Roger went to look at King Daniel's car and noticed that the battery had died. Without hesitation, he offered to recharge the battery for him. King Daniel was grateful for Roger's help and offered him money, but Roger kindly refused. Instead, he asked King Daniel to give the money to his neighbor, Kevin Brown, who had been in a terrible accident and was unable to work to support his family. King Daniel agreed to help Kevin and his family, showing true kindness and generosity.

King Daniel was on his way to see his son after he left Roger's house. Upon arriving, he saw King James visiting Prince Edward.

King Daniel was taken aback and asked King James angrily, "What are you doing here?!"

King James replied in the same tone, "Prince Edward is my brother, and I have every right to see him!"

Prince Edward, who seemed annoyed at the commotion, asked, "What do you want, Dad?!" King Daniel then inquired about the rumor he had heard, asking if it was true that Prince Edward was seeing a girl with no royal blood. Prince Edward confirmed that he was, and that he loved her. When asked for her name, Prince Edward revealed that she was named Lucy Russell. King Daniel then expressed his concern, warning his son that Lucy might be using him to become queen.

"I don't think Lucy knows that I am a prince," said Edward with frustration. "But how can she know? No one knows what I look like!"

King James chimed in, "Lucy's parents are wonderful people and they have welcomed us into their family with open arms."

King Daniel nodded in agreement, "Yes, they are very kind. I visited their home once, and they had no idea I was a king. They even invited me to dinner. If you want to marry Lucy, Edward, you must tell her the truth. She deserves to know that you are a prince and future king."

Edward was hesitant, "But why can't Peter be king?"

King Daniel smiled, "Peter is a great man, but it is your destiny, Edward. You were born to be king."