Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Christmas Breaking

Christmas has arrived and we are preparing to visit Edward's house. Laura is still getting ready. Edward has already set up the Christmas tree and prepared the Christmas dinner. Mom brought chicken and dressing, and James also joined the Christmas party. James is now paying attention to Laura. Holly is not bothered by the fact that James is no longer interested in her, as she is deeply in love with Randy. Edward has a variety of movies for us to watch. James is seated beside Laura. Our biological father and his family also attended the party, and he introduced himself to Edward.

"May, do you know where Princess Jenny is?" King Charles asked, as he took a bite of his meal.

"She went to visit Prince Edward," May replied.

Charles smiled at the news, feeling happy that his daughter was spending time with her beloved. He couldn't help but feel that a wedding announcement would be coming soon.

Princess Jenny walked into her home and was greeted by her parents, King Charles and Queen Isabelle.

"May told me that you went to see Prince Edward. I am so happy that you are seeing Prince Edward. We will be planning yours and Prince Edward's wedding soon," King Charles said with excitement.

Queen Isabelle chimed in, "I cannot wait for you and Prince Edward to give me some grandchildren."

But Princess Jenny quickly corrected them, "Edward and I are just friends. Edward is in love with someone else."

"Who is your competition? We will destroy this girl!" Queen Isabelle replied angrily.

"This girl's name is Lucy Russell and we are friends. I am happy for Edward and Lucy. Lucy has a great family," Princess Jenny replied.

"This Lucy is only with Prince Edward for his crown!" Queen Isabelle replied angrily.

"No, she is not. Lucy does not know that Edward is a prince. Edward is not going to tell her that he is a prince until he finishes school," Princess Jenny explained.

"Does his parents know about this girl?" King Charles asks.

"Dad, Edward's parents do not come to see him, so how will they know about Lucy?" Princess Jenny asks.

"King Daniel might not be pleased when he finds out that his son is in a relationship with a girl who does not come from a royal background," King Charles said in a stern tone.

"I fail to see why it is such a big deal. They have shown little interest in Edward and have abandoned him. His own servants treat him with more love than his own parents. Even his half-brother James comes to visit him more often than his parents," Princess Jenny said, defending Edward's relationship.

"I am pleased to hear that King James is spending time with his brother. Perhaps you should initiate a conversation with him, Princess Jenny. I believe King James would make an excellent match for you," King Charles suggested.

"Dad, I want to marry for love," Princess Jenny protested.

Her father, King Charles, responded with anger, insisting that her duty was to the country, not her heart. Jenny felt helpless, knowing that her father would never allow her to see Eric, the man she loved. She was stuck in a difficult position, not wanting to marry King James, who didn't want to marry her either. It was a heartbreaking situation for Jenny, who wished she could follow her heart and be with the one she loved.