Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Understanding

Lucy remains distressed over Laura's departure. I am perplexed by Laura's negative behavior towards her own family. Roger is a commendable man and an exceptional father. I would feel honored to have someone like Roger as my own father. My caretaker, Clark, has been an outstanding father figure to me, and I would never treat him with the same disrespect that Laura displayed towards Roger. Lucy shared with me that her mother suspects someone is manipulating Laura's thoughts and causing her to turn against her own family. I can't help but wonder who could be so malicious as to poison someone's mind against the very people who care for and love them.

Princess Jenny came to see me.

"Eric has a lot of problems with his sister," Princess Jenny replied.

"Lucy thinks that Laura was upset because she did not have a boyfriend. Lucy's mom thinks someone is brainwashing Laura," I explained.

"I did see Laura talking to someone before Thanksgiving," Princess Jenny replied. "Did you know who it was?" I ask.

"No, but the person Laura was talking to was a woman. The woman was very beautiful, but I do not know who she was," Princess Jenny replied.

"I need to tell Lucy about the woman," I replied.

"I think Laura has an attitude problem," Princess Jenny replied.

"My dad and I have our disagreements, but I never raise my voice at him as Laura does with her dad," Princess Jenny shared.

"I'm sorry for being rude earlier. I was upset with my parents for trying to pressure me into marriage. I actually quite like Lucy," I explained.

"Initially, I was annoyed with you, but after meeting Eric, I wasn't upset with you anymore. I really like Eric, but I'm scared that if he learns I'm a princess, he won't want to be with me," Princess Jenny confided.

"I'm also planning on telling Lucy that I'm a prince after we finish school," I added.

"Hey, if he truly likes you, it shouldn't matter if you're a princess or not. I understand that he may be upset at first, but he will eventually forgive you. It would be best to tell him the truth before he hears it from someone else. You should also consider having a conversation with your dad about Eric. It's likely that he will find out about him sooner or later." I warn her.

Laura

"Hey Laura, can we talk?" Sonya asked in a gentle tone, trying not to come off as bossy.

"Sure," Laura replied, "I'm still planning on moving with Dad after the Christmas break."

Sonya nodded, "I understand, but I wanted to talk to you about your behavior during Thanksgiving. Why were you so angry with everyone?"

Laura's expression turned sour, "I wasn't angry with you or Dad. I'm just really upset with Holly. I feel like she and her friends are laughing at me at school!"

Sonya immediately tried to reassure Laura, "Your sister loves you very much. I highly doubt she would be making fun of you."

"I'm not lying. I see Holly and her friends laughing. They're looking at me when they're laughing. Before Holly and Randy started going out, I told Holly that I like Randy. She started dating him knowing I like him, and she didn't care to hurt me like that!" Laura replied, her anger palpable.

"I'm sorry that you got hurt, but there are other guys out there. Can you please apologize to your dad? You really hurt his feelings," Sonya pleaded with a gentle tone.

"I will," Laura agreed, feeling a pang of guilt for hurting her dad.

She knew she needed to make things right with him.