Chapter One

O n e:

Florence:

I turned over and slowly opened my eyes. Panic shot through me the second I realized that I wasn't in my own room, but in Eric's. Oh god, I was really supposed to leave last night, I thought. I must have drifted off to sleep without even noticing.

Eric and I have been hooking up in secret for the past couple of months now. In the beginning I was really disappointed that he never wanted an actual relationship with me but after a while, I came to accept it. I liked us the way we were now, although some aspects could be altered...

Eric had commitment issues, I could tell this from the very start. His parents divorced about two years ago and he kind of hated them for a while afterward because of it. He would sometimes open up to me about how his feelings from the divorce and I would help him out. I understood him and I came to know not only the cocky, overconfident side of him, but also the more affectionate and softer side too- when we were alone, of course. We only spent time together alone, never in public. Even my closest friends didn't know what we were both doing. The same went for Eric's friends too.

Eric was the outgoing and arrogant popular kid that everyone knew, while I , on the other hand, was the quiet wallflower a grade below him. We were complete opposites. But for some reason, I really don't know why, Eric and I began talking and secretly hanging out. I wouldn't say he was a playboy, but he was no angel either. Most of the girls in school wanted a piece of him but I didn't see what the big deal was. Sure, he was good-looking and confident but I would never pine over him like others had done. I was a pretty chill girl, if you asked me.

"Shit." I muttered as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I tried desperately to get out of Eric's tight grip he had on my waist. I really shouldn't have stayed last night. I liked staying and waking up with him there. I liked how he would look bare, his hair a mess and his eyes filled with sleep, but I knew that he didn't want to wake up beside me. He didn't feel the same way. I think he might be a bit weirded out by finding me here beside him this morning.

But actually, now that I thought about it, maybe not that much anymore. In the beginning we made it clear that we would never stay the night or cross boundaries the other did not want to be crossed but gradually we became more lenient with the rules we had made. I slapped his face gently in an attempt to make him open his eyes and wake up.

"What?" he said groggily.

I noticed the huskiness of his voice and his funny bed head. I tried to conceal my smile. His dirty blonde hair was sticking out in all directions and he only had one eye open. He released his arms from around me and turned on his side so our fronts were facing. His head was propped up on one arm as he grinned widely at me now.

"Where are you going so early?"

I glanced at the digital alarm clock that was always on his bedside table, it read 09.36am. I furrowed my brows at him, why isn't he acting kind of freaked out by now that I stayed last night? If I knew he would react like that I would've stayed for longer but I was awake and alert now. He yawned and stretched his arms out as I sat at the edge of his bed and put my jeans on. He grabbed me from behind and playfully pinned me to the bed.

"Answer me now Flo." He joked and tried to kiss me. I scrunched my face up in mock disgust and moved it away from his, avoiding him every time he moved closer to my face.