Chapter Twenty-One

Florence:

I massaged my temples and leaned against the wall in the hallway. The pumping music was way too loud for me; I was in no mood for a party but I had decided I wanted to get my mind off of things and Charlotte said we should go.

I was waiting upstairs in a queue for the bathrooms, the line was moving slowly and I honestly felt like throwing up right now. My vision was blurry and the hallway felt like it was spinning. I wasn't as drunk as I had gotten the last time we went out but I still felt tipsy and I definitely regretted it. I didn't want to be a burden on Charlotte again so I stopped drinking just a while ago but the effects of the alcohol I already consumed were kicking in.

"Hurry the hell up in there!" someone slammed their fist loudly on the door and soon enough it opened up only to reveal Chloe and some random guy. Her eyes made contact with mine and I just wanted to die. If I was sober I would probably run off, too embarrassed to even look at her because of our conversation last week and how my anger had gotten the better of me but I wasn't sober, so I glared back at her when she looked me up and down. She eventually passed by me and I continued to wait in line.

Once I was finished in the bathroom I went downstairs to find Charlotte again. She was in the kitchen with Evan and they seemed to be having a lot of fun. I didn't want to intrude on their heavy make out session in the corner so as soon as I passed the threshold of the door, I walked back out.

We were at one of Evan's friend's parties, which meant it was also one of Eric's friend's parties too but I hadn't seen much of him. I stole the occasional glance at him from the other side of the room when he wasn't looking but I didn't even think he knew I was here.

I walked out onto the dance-floor after gulping down another drink. I danced straight into the middle of the crowd and moved to the music. I felt someone behind me but didn't look. A pair of hands went to my waist and I moved closer to them, both of us dancing now. He leaned down and kissed my neck briefly. I turned my head to look at him, I noticed the familiar blonde hair and turned to face him now, still dancing. It was Eric.

I felt like I was fighting with myself these past couple of days. One half of me wanted to talk to him, to return his calls and messages and be with him again. But the other side told me to stand my ground, and that he was with Chloe now but didn't she come out of the bathroom with another person that didn't look like Eric at all actually?

"Miss me?" He said flirtatiously. I could smell the hint of alcohol off of his breath and before he could say another word, I grabbed his neck and kissed him hungrily. He kissed me back, with me tangling my hands in his hair and him biting my lip when we stopped for air. He looked at me through his long lashes and grinned.

We danced for what felt like ages, our bodies movies against and with each others. And for a moment everything felt like it was in slow motion, all that mattered to me was standing here, looking up into Eric's eyes. We both stood there: not saying a word, our faces blank. I took in his face, I missed him being so close, I missed his presence and right now, if I wasn't so afraid, I would tell him I loved him but it was no good. I didn't want him to ruin it by telling me that he didn't love me back so I just pretended that he did in my mind. I held his face in my hands and he kissed me again.

Kissing him only made me comprehend how much I actually missed him the past week or so. We were probably both a little drunk at the moment and when we were dancing again and he whispered in my ear that we go back to his house, all I could do was grin back at him and say yes. Because this was what I wanted, I wanted Eric and this was probably the last time I would ever be with him. My drunken mind hadn't thought about everything else, about Chloe or what this meant for the pair of us.

He took my hand and led me out of the crowd. I still hadn't thought about what I was doing and how it could be wrong when we neared his house, or opened his door, or even when we went upstairs. It was only when I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and Eric wrapped around me did I come to think about my actions.

What the hell have I done? I thought. I had just gotten rid of all of the progress made. Hadn't I only told myself a few days ago that we weren't meant to be together? I was confused and very tired. I began to panic at the thought of Charlotte, I had completely forgotten to tell her where I was going and I think one of the reasons was because I was afraid she would stop me. I didn't even want to check my phone, in case she had left about a million messages and missed calls for me to answer.

I turned my head slightly to see a sleeping Eric with a vice grip of me. The warmth of his body was inviting me to stay but I really couldn't. I heard his light breaths in my ear. He looked so perfect in that moment: his blonde hair disheveled, his pink lips parted slightly. I forced myself not to smile.

I managed to take his arm from around my waist without waking him up. Sighing with relief I was about to move closer to the edge of the bed but he grabbed me again, muttering something in his half asleep state. I tried to release his grip again but he woke up, grinning as soon as he seen me. His sleepy blue eyes looked at me.

"Where are you going?" his grin widened.

"I have to go." I whispered quietly, looking around the room. I really did have to go, I was supposed to be staying away from him wasn't I? The sun hadn't come up yet, it was still in the early hours of the morning.

"Don't go." He groaned, pulling me in closer and squeezed my waist. I could sense his smile as he kissed my forehead. I didn't know what to do, his arms were more than inviting and I really didn't need a lot of convincing but I was starting to get tired of all of this. I needed to go. I definitely needed to go and never end up here again. With the thoughts of what Chloe and Mick told me last week flooding my mind, I managed to get up and grab my things.

"I have to." I said, trying to sound stern as I put on my shoes at the side of the bed.

"Are you okay?" he asked but I was busy finding the rest of my things.

"Mmm." I mumbled once I found everything I began making my way to the door but he had gotten up and grabbed my hand.

"Hey, look at me." He said gently and my eyes moved to his bright eyes. "Are you sure?"

I had to make a choice here, freak out at him for making me so confused or just leave. I was in no state to talk to him right now and my headache was getting worse by the minute. So I just breathed out in annoyance and replied with a "Yes." Before leaving him in his room and leaving his house.

The whole walk home all I kept saying to myself was What the hell have you done Florence. I sick of this, I wanted one thing but couldn't have it. I just wished I had the courage to just tell Eric everything and ask him what the hell was going on between him and Chloe because he acted like he wanted me but he couldn't really could he? It had gone full circle again, I was making my way home in the early hours of the morning from his house, more confused than ever.

********

Thanks for reading everyone! Please vote and comment too:) I'm sorry to say that this is one of the last chapters of this story but don't worry, you will hear more from Eric and Flo! This is only part I:)

A. Summers xo