Chapter 4.

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

Alethea's POV:

I rubbed my forehead as the balmy rays of the sun caressed my skin, turning my lungs to paper and my feet to lead. I shifted my weight as we all stood gathered in the Black Mud Swamp for our Magic of Nature class.

"Welcome class, to black mud swamp and to a- ACHOO. Right, as you can sneeze I mean as you can see I'm slightly allergic to the sap. It's Igglethord vine. Now this is your first field exercise for the magic of nature." He rambled and I just couldn't take him seriously, it was hard to pay attention to his words because of his clumsy actions.

"Professor! I'm in the wrong class! I'm from an urban realm!" A student called Dahliah whined and my classmates grumbled voices of agreement.

"Alfea is known for its all-round education." Professor Palladium pointed out, looking over at her in confusion as to why she would think she was in the wrong class.

"But a mosquito bit me." She complained, pointing a finger to where she got bit to see a small lump on her leg.

The Professor spluttered in surprise. "A mosquito? Well quicker we bit on with, I mean get on with the exomite, uh, exercise."

"For a nature professor, he seems rather squeamish." Bloom whispered to me as she raised an eyebrow with obvious amusement.

"Shut up Bloom, let him bite on with the exomite." I couldn't help but joke and she erupted into fits of laughter at my not-so-good joke.

The Professor seemed to get over his squeamish behaviour for now and continued, "Now. For this field exercise, we're gonna test you on your natural ability to listen to nature. Each group must navigate their way through the black mud swamp and reach the clearing in Gloomy Wood forest, also you can't use your magic and remember listening to the voice of nature and its advice"

"Let's get going." Flora seemed to burst with excitement but I didn't get why. I winced in disgust as I stepped into the stagnant water and looked around to see the fallen trees that sang together as the vines twisted beautifully around the infected trunks of decay and moss.

"This is so disgusting," Stella complained as she tried to push the sleeves of her pants up to avoid getting wet by the dirty water.

"Didn't you say that; 'mud does wonders for your skin?'" I teased her and Stella huffed while others burst into fits of laughter, finding amusement in my teasing.

"Just so you know these bubbles could indicate that we're standing on the back of a Subterranean and let me tell you they aren't friendly." Tecna informed us and she said it so casually that I simply wondered what exactly would scare her. "..But don't worry I'll take care of this." Tecna raised her hands as her aura started glowing and a sudden panic blurred my vision, I quickly grabbed her hands, breaking her concentration and stopping her from almost killing us.