Chapter 5.

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

                          ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

Alethea's POV:

The heat of the frying pan hit my face and I had to refrain, from turning away at the discomfort I felt. The sound of sizzling and my friends chatting away was heard in the background as I hummed a tune until a sudden arm was wrapped around my shoulder, breaking me out of my concentrated state to see Musa grinning back at me and my lips curled up in a soft smile at my tomboyish friend.

"How are the potatoes coming along Alethea?" Musa asked as she eyed my work with twinkling curiosity and I pursed my lips and turned my gaze to the frying potatoes only for my lips to curl up in a satisfied smile when noticing the perfect golden crust on them.

"I'm almost done.." My voice came out as soft as I lowered the heat of the cooker. "..We should prepare plates so we can dine soon."

"I'm on it!" Musa was quick to leap away and rush to the cabinets to get the plates and cutlery so we could take a break from Bloom's potion and enjoy a well-needed meal after working for hours on it.

Bloom rubbed her neck with a sheepish yet nervous smile. "You know, I'll feel like an idiot if this doesn't work."

"Well, where did you find the formula?" Musa asked and I perked, that question having piqued my interest and desperately hoping that she didn't get it from the Teen Fairy magazines. Then I'm sure something would blow up and that thought brought shivers down my spine.

"It was in the new Fairies self-improvement guide so it should work." Bloom tried to be optimistic but she only got a deadpanned look from us in return since we are freshmen Fairies after all. "A thousand potatoes a bush of flip-weed and a magic backflip and you will be making good decisions the next day. It said good judgment is guaranteed."

I watched in amusement as Bloom's feet left the ground while her aura glowed as she back-flipped mid-air. Her eyes were sparkling in amazement and more curiosity as she experimented with her newfound magic when the doors suddenly slammed open and Chef Sfoglia burst in with a hostile glare on his face that seemed to be aimed at us.

"I thought I heard itty bitty voices." He muttered, his voice thick with his accent. "What are you girls doing in my kitchen?"

"We're working on a potion for class, sir." I tried to defend but it didn't help the nervous pit in my stomach nor how I couldn't maintain eye contact and shifted my gaze elsewhere.

He ignored my weak words of defence and eyed the mess we'd made with a look of obvious disdain. "Look at this place, it's a mess!"

"The potion lab wasn't available." Tecna informed him as if that would make the situation better or the mess we made disappear.

Musa couldn't help but smirk, finding amusement in this situation. "Relax maestro have a spud."

"My spiro potatoes! You are using my babies." The chef complained and then pointed to the omelettes and potatoes we made with an exasperated look on his face. "And what is this all about?"