Chapter 8.

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

Alethea's POV:

"I already told you didn't I?" A woman with the same white coloured hair as I yet our eyes were oh so different. Her eyes were chocolate brown but in those eyes was the warmth of an everlasting hearth that brought me comfort but could also be giving something else entirely. "Don't use your magic."

I looked back at her, green-gray eyes connecting with brown but there was nothing but confusion in mine. I would never be able to understand why she refuses to ever use magic when in a Dimension filled with nothing but. "I don't get it.."

"Of course you don't." She let out a chuckle and placed her hand on my head, her hands brushing through my locks putting me in a state of tranquillity. "You're only eight after all, but just listen to my words all right? You'll understand when you grow older."

"..But maybe I don't want to understand mama." I whispered to her as I gazed back at her with determination while her eyes widened in slight surprise at my bold action. "All the other kids are using their magic without worry so why can't I?"

"Alethe-" She spoke but I cut her off, already knowing what she would say. This wasn't the first time our opinions didn't align, I admired magic while she only bared hatred to it that I couldn't understand, no I wouldn't understand because she wasn't willing to explain.

She was my mother but yet I knew nothing about her.

So I ran out of the house, ignoring her words of protest of how it's dangerous to run off when the sun was about to set not knowing how much consequences my actions actually had. I ran through the dark forest, the trees looming dark shadows on the path I was running on but I paid no mind until I bumped into a person. I winced when my butt met the ground and the moment I lifted my head to look who I bumped into my eyes could only widen.

"Beautiful.." I breathed out as my eyes locked with golden amber eyes despite how unusual it was to bump into someone in a dark forest such as this one but I wasn't scared, not when her aura gave nothing but warmth like the sun yet she had a stoic grace about her that reminded me of the moon.

She eyed me as if she was judging me.. no.. that wasn't it.. It was like she was looking right through me despite how we looked about the same age until she huffed as if she wasn't satisfied but despite how she was judging me she still held her hand out for me to take and my eyes widened in slight surprise.

A girl who wore a dress that could put our entire house to shame was helping me; a girl who was covered in nothing but dirt.

"Take it before I change my mind." She sighed as her eyes glimmered with slight annoyance and I nodded before taking her hand in mine, the moment she pulled me up she let go of me as if my hand had burned her but I didn't mind and the longer I gazed at her the more uncomfortable she got until she shifted awkwardly. "Stop staring at me like that!"