Chapter 14.

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

                          ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

Alethea's POV:

"Your final exam will be the laser beam obstacle course."

The air hung heavy with anticipation, and the walls seemed to close in, as tension hung over each of us. My mind raced, each thought more chaotic than the last.

"Alethea, come forward please, you're up first."

Damn.

Anxiety gripped my thoughts like a relentless storm, and doubt crept in, whispering insecurities into my mind. ".. First, again?"

"Don't worry Alethea." Bloom patted my back to try and comfort me. "It will be over before you know it!"

Tecna gave me a thumbs up. "Confidence is key."

"You got this!" Musa encouraged while Stella was just distracted with her nails, not listening to the slightest.

That's Stella for you.

"You'll do great!" Flora, being the overly caring one, smiled sympathetically at me. "...I'm sure that next school year you won't have to go first."

What surprised me was how those words meant so much to me, how much my worries seemed to disappear because of them. In the midst of this nervous symphony, I closed my eyes, taking a moment to centre myself and when I opened my eyes, a newfound determination flickered within. This was an opportunity to show my strength, and how much I've actually improved this year.

Nervousness is a companion to the path of growth and with that final encouraging thought in mind, I let my magic surround me. I closed my eyes and felt myself rise up in the sky as my surroundings changed, the sound of water dripping was heard and with the movements of my hands the water rose and covered me like a blanket and the water burst, revealing my Fairy outfit. I wore a light blue dress almost close to white that had translucent sleeves with a Dragon crystal on the dress paired with translucent thigh-high socks that matched my sleeves and ankle-heeled boots that consisted of silver designs while my snow white hair remained loose. Sparkles surrounded me and soon my small light blue translucent wings formed on my back, finishing my transformation.

"I have one request" I spoke up, my tone soft. "Let's do it in reverse next year, please?"

"Maybe." Faragonda hummed, actually looking as if she might consider it. "But for now your goal is to get the floating rose to the pedestal, if you get hit three times, you're out, go!"

I nodded and fluttered my wings, my feet leaving the ground as Miss Faragonda's finger glowed a green light, lasers shot out of her finger that I successfully avoided. With a calm demeanour, I assessed my surroundings, knowing that improvisation was my greatest ally, covering my weaknesses.