Matt Casey x Secret Girlfriend (Chicago Fire)

Summary: Nine months after his divorce from Gabby, Matt meets the reader at Molly's. He takes her on a few dates and asks her to be his girlfriend. They've kept the relationship from House 51 for six months.
Pairings: Matt Casey x Secret Girlfriend.
Warnings: Fluff

You and your boyfriend were going to the firefighter picnic, and you were meeting his crew for the first time. You curled your hair and did your makeup before getting dressed.

 You curled your hair and did your makeup before getting dressed

"You almost ready," Matt asks, poking his head in the bathroom.

"Just putting my lip gloss on," you reply.

You close the tube and grab your phone. You take his hand and you head to the park. Matt parks his truck and you sigh.

"Hey, they're gonna love you," he says, grabbing your hands.

"And if they don't," you ask quietly.

"As long as I love you, that's all that matters."

You nod your head and peck his lips before getting out. He walks in front of the truck to grab your hand, and you make your way over to a table full of firefighters.

"Hey, guys," Matt says.

"Who's this, Case," someone asks.

"This is Y/N, my girlfriend."

"Since when," a peppy blonde asks.

"He asked me about six months ago," you tell them.

"Babe, that's Kelly, Hermann, Cruz, Mouch, Gallo, Ritter, Stella, Capp, Tony, Emily, and Sylvie," your boyfriend explains to you.

"So, this is why you haven't been at Molly's as much, huh," Hermann asks.

"Yeah, I guess so," Matt chuckles.

"I'm just glad to have another girl to hang out with," Stella says, Sylvie and Emily nodding in agreement.

"You want a drink," Gallo asks you.

"Uh, a beer, please," you say.

He nods and hands you the cold bottle after opening it.

"I wanna introduce you to the chief and his wife," Matt whispers in your ear.

You nod and he grabs your hand, leading you over to another table.

"Ah, there you are, Casey. Who's this," the older man asks.

"I'm Y/N, Matt's girlfriend," you say, extending your free hand.

"Babe, this is Chief Boden and his wife, Donna," Matt says.

Donna gives you a smile, which you return.  After a few minutes, Stella, Emily, and Sylvie drag you away from your boyfriend and the chief.

"Tell us the story," Emily says once you guys are out of earshot.

You tell them how you stumbled upon Molly's one night and Matt put your drinks on his tab. He told you about his divorce a few weeks later and you told him how you left your partner two months before that night at Molly's.

"And here we are, six months later," you finish.

"That's like something out of a movie," Sylvie says.

You and Matt leave two hours later, heading back home.

"I told you they would love you," he says, climbing into bed.

"You were right. The girls invited me to their next girls' night out."

"Good. I love you, Y/N."

"I love you, too, Matt."

You share a kiss and go to sleep.