Matt Casey x Naval Aviator Girlfriend Reader (Chicago Fire)

Summary: You come home from deployment early and surprise your boyfriend.
Pairings: Matt Casey x Naval Aviator Girlfriend, 51 x Reader
Warnings: Lots of fluff
The mission is loosely based on Top Gun: Maverick

You park in front of the firehouse and get out once the rigs are parked. You quickly walk up the apron, catching the attention of the Squad members. You put a finger to your lips and sneak up behind your boyfriend.

"Rough call," you ask.

Matt jumps and turns around to see you smiling.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were deployed," he says, kissing you.

"The mission didn't take as long as we thought it would," you tell him.

Your body jolts as Sylvie crashes into you.

"Hello to you, too, Brett," you say with a laugh.

"Welcome home, Commander Y/L/N," Boden says.

"I have a few more people to visit, but I'll see you at Molly's tonight," you tell Matt.

"I'll see you then."

That night, you showered and got ready for Molly's.

You walk into the bar and see your boyfriend sitting with Kelly and Sylvie

You walk into the bar and see your boyfriend sitting with Kelly and Sylvie. You make your way over to them after quickly chatting with Hermann and Stella at the bar. Matt slides you a beer as you sit down.

"So, where were you this time," Kelly asks.

"Czech Republic. A chemical plant was violating a bunch of treaties but we took care of it," you say.

"What does that mean," Sylvie ponders.

"We blew it up."

"I thought you flew planes for a living," Matt chuckles.

"I do. I just drop bombs sometimes," you shrug.

"So, an eighteen-month deployment turns into six months," Violet asks, joining your table.

"Yeah, we thought locating the plant would take longer than it did."

"Please tell me it didn't turn into Chernobyl," Ritter groans.

"If it did, I probably wouldn't be here," you point out.

After a few more drinks, you and Matt head back to his place for the night.

"I'm so glad you're home," he says, running a hand across your back as you lay in bed.

"Me too."