Eddie Diaz x Girlfriend Reader (9-1-1)

Summary: Your aunt dies and Eddie's there to comfort you.
Pairings: Eddie Diaz x Girlfriend
Warnings: Death, fluff
Inspired by the scene in Captain America: Civil War where Sharon texts Steve about Peggy's death.

You: she's gone
You: in her sleep

Eddie's heart drops when he reads your text.

"I have to go," he says, before walking out of the station after shift.

"What was that about," Hen asks.

"Y/N's aunt started going downhill a few days ago," Buck explains.

Eddie called Carla, explaining he wasn't gonna be able to get Christopher to school and she was more than willing to take him. When Eddie pulled up in front of your house, he saw you sitting on the small porch. You look up and see your boyfriend walking over to you. Tears start to fall as he embraces you.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here," he says as you sob.

Eddie stays with you all day. Buck offered to pick Christopher up and bring him over.

"I'd like that. Chris always knows how to make me smile," you say, curled into your boyfriend's side.

Thirty minutes later, you hear the front door open and the click-clack of Christopher's crutches. When he reached the couch, his smile fades slightly at the sight of your tear-stained face.

"Dad?"

You sit up and motion for Christopher to sit next to you.

"Remember how I said my aunt was sick," you ask him.

"Yeah, I remember. Is she in a better place now," he asks sadly.

"Yeah, buddy. She's in a better place," Eddie answers.

Buck pulls you in for a hug and rubs your back while Eddie talks to his son.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. If you need anything, Maddie and I are here," he tells you.

"Thanks, Buck."

Two weeks later, you were in Eddie's bedroom getting ready for the funeral. He got Christopher ready while you showered. When you arrived at the church, your aunt's friends gave their condolences. It sucked not having any other family there. She was your father's sister and she had no children. You were also an only child, so the eulogy fell on your shoulders. After the service, Eddie came over and you cried into his shoulder. The 118, plus Maddie, Josh, Athena, May, Harry, and Michael, all came to the funeral.

"You guys didn't have to come," you say, quietly.

"Of course, we did, honey. You're Eddie's girlfriend, which makes you family," Athena says, squeezing you tightly.