Chapter eleven

POV of Tony
The next morning I received a call from one of my soldiers, he told me that they found a van in front of the forest this is when I realized that Felix was also with them. What were they going to do there knowing very well that the forest hasn't been accessible for many years now. I called molly to explain her what I just found, that's when she made me to understand that Felix was one of Morgan's friend and he regularly came to their house to take her to school. After talking to her on call I heard my door ringing I hurry to open the door and I couldn't believe that she was they person standing there, my wife after abandoning us since 7 years now. I didn't want her to enter and I locked back immediately my door.
In the forest.......,
After a restless night, the trio woke up groggily, feeling the weariness in their bones. They quickly ate the remaining food from the previous night, knowing that they needed sustenance to fuel their bodies for the challenges ahead.

As they resumed their journey through the dense forest, their senses sharpened, and their eyes scanned the surroundings for any signs of danger or clues that could lead them closer to their destination. After about an hour of walking, they stumbled upon a surprising encounter—a pair of young children standing in the middle of the path, looking worried and lost.

Curiosity and concern filled the hearts of Morgan, Félix, and Jason as they approached the children. Morgan, being the most empathetic of the group, gently asked, "Hey there, little ones. Are you lost? How did you end up here in the forest?"

The children, visibly relieved to see friendly faces, explained that they had wandered away from their village while playing and had become disoriented in the unfamiliar surroundings. They had been trying to find their way back home but had gotten even more lost in the process.

Félix and Jason exchanged worried glances, realizing that the forest could be a dangerous place for young children. They knew they couldn't just leave them alone, especially since they had already encountered numerous hazards themselves.

Morgan, with a warm smile, reassured the children, "Don't worry, we'll help you find your way back home. What's your names?"

The older child, a girl with braided hair, introduced herself as Lily, and her younger brother, a shy boy with freckles, introduced himself as Noah. They clung to each other, seeking comfort and reassurance in this unfamiliar situation.

Félix, ever the problem-solver, suggested, "Let's take a short break here. We can discuss the best way to get the children back to their village safely."

The group settled down near a moss-covered log, giving the children a chance to rest and regain their strength. As they sat together, they discussed their options. It was clear that retracing their steps back to the children's village would be the safest and most logical choice. However, they knew it would take time and involve some risks.

Morgan, with a determined expression, spoke up, "We can't just leave them here. We have a responsibility to ensure their safety. Plus, their village could be a source of valuable information about the book we're seeking."

Félix nodded in agreement, realizing that helping the children could potentially lead them closer to their ultimate goal. "You're right, Morgan. We can't abandon them. Let's devise a plan to navigate through the forest while keeping them safe."

Jason, always the cautious one, added, "We need to be extra vigilant and alert for any potential dangers. We don't want to put the children in harm's way."

And so, with their determination renewed and a newfound sense of purpose, the group set forth on their new mission—to guide Lily and Noah back to their village while continuing their own quest for the mysterious book.

Little did they know that this unexpected encounter would bring about both unforeseen challenges and unexpected allies, adding another layer of complexity to their already perilous adventure through the treacherous forest.

Stay tuned to find out what awaits our brave adventurers as they embark on this dual mission, balancing the safety of the children and their own quest for knowledge and discovery!