Chapter twenty-one

The next morning, we woke up disoriented, finding ourselves in a small cave we didn't recognize. Confusion filled the air as we tried to piece together how we ended up there. Before we could gather our thoughts, we heard a strange noise, like footsteps approaching.

Suddenly, the cave entrance parted, revealing a sight that sent shivers down our spines. A very old and unpleasant-looking man entered, his face etched with deep wrinkles and a sinister grin. He seemed to be preparing a dark and mysterious soup, muttering words in a language that sounded like Latin.

Fear gripped our hearts as we watched him, unable to move or speak. The man's words, "Lord, thanks for this sacrifice," echoed through the cave, adding to the eerie atmosphere. It was as if we had stumbled upon a sinister ritual, and we were the unwitting participants.

The old man's gaze fell upon us, and a wicked smile stretched across his face. It was clear that he knew we were there, trapped and at his mercy. The realization of our helplessness intensified the terror that consumed us.

As he continued his preparations, our minds raced, desperately searching for a way to escape this nightmarish situation. However, it seemed that all avenues of escape were blocked, leaving us with no choice but to confront the old man and his sinister intentions.

The cave grew colder, and the air thick with an oppressive darkness. The old man's eyes gleamed with a malevolent energy, his presence casting a shadow over our very souls. We had no weapons, no plan, and no idea what fate awaited us.

Just as the tension became unbearable, a glimmer of hope appeared. A small, flickering light emerged from the depths of the cave. It was the old woman we had helped the day. We didn't know what she was doing here but was at-least relief to see her.

With a voice filled with determination, She confronted the old man, demanding an explanation for his actions. Her courage and unwavering spirit emboldened us, giving us a newfound strength to face our fears.

The old man's demeanor shifted from arrogance to surprise as he realized he was no longer in complete control. He tried to justify his actions, claiming that he was serving a higher power. And we were sacrificed from the lord, and for decades is what he has been doing and is not today he will stop.

But the old woman , wise and compassionate, saw through his facade. She spoke words of truth and empathy, appealing to the old man's humanity. Slowly, his defenses crumbled, and he began to question of what we were doing in the forest if not of been sacrifices.
We told him our intention and he seemed was shocked, but told us not to believe in everything we see in this evil forest because it is a sacrificial ground.

As we left the cave, a sense of relief washed over us. We had escaped the clutches of a terrifying ordeal, thanks to the old woman's bravery and the power of compassion. The experience served as a reminder of the importance of empathy and the strength that can be found in unity.

With a renewed sense of purpose, we continued our journey, carrying the lessons we had learned from this harrowing encounter. Little did we know that more challenges awaited us, but we faced them with a newfound resilience and a deep understanding of the power of compassion in the face of darkness.