Chapter seventeen

With caution, they explored the vast halls and rooms, each one seemingly frozen in time. Dust-covered furniture, faded tapestries, and cracked mirrors adorned the once opulent surroundings. It was as if the palace had been abandoned for centuries.

Morgan's mind wandered back to the tale of Beauty and the Beast, imagining what secrets this place might hold. Could there be a hidden library filled with ancient books, just waiting to be discovered? Or perhaps a hidden passage that led to a treasure trove of knowledge?

The group decided to split up, each taking a different part of the palace to search for clues. Morgan ventured into a dimly lit library, their heart pounding with anticipation. Dusty shelves lined the walls, filled with forgotten books and manuscripts. They carefully ran their fingers along the spines, hoping to stumble upon a book that could be helpful to them

Meanwhile, Félix explored a grand ballroom, its chandeliers covered in cobwebs and the once-polished marble floor now cracked and worn. As they walked through the room, their footsteps echoed in the emptiness, creating a haunting melody.

Jason, still recovering from his previous ailment, decided to rest in the palace's courtyard, surrounded by overgrown vines and statues frozen in time. As he sat, he couldn't help but feel a strange presence, as if the very essence of the palace was watching him.

Hours passed, and as the moon rose high in the sky, the group reconvened in the center of the palace. Disappointed that they hadn't found any concrete leads, they shared their experiences and speculated on the significance of the palace.

Just as they were about to give up and find a place to rest for the night, a faint whisper echoed through the halls. Startled, they turned towards the source of the sound, their eyes widening with anticipation.

Following the ethereal voice, they discovered a hidden staircase leading to the depths of the palace. With a mixture of trepidation and excitement, they descended into the unknown, their hearts pounding in their chests.

As they reached the bottom, they found themselves in a dimly lit chamber. The air was heavy with anticipation, and a sense of magic hung in the air. In the center of the room stood a pedestal, upon which lay a single, ancient-looking book.

With cautious steps, they approached the book, their hands trembling with anticipation. As they opened it, they were greeted by a swirl of ancient wisdom and forgotten tales. The book held the answers they had been seeking all along, the key to unraveling the secrets of their journey.

Filled with a renewed sense of purpose, the group knew they had found something truly extraordinary. The palace of the beast, once a place of fear and mystery, had become the catalyst for their greatest discovery yet.

And so, with the book in their hands and their spirits lifted, they found a cozy corner of the palace to rest for the night. With dreams of what lay ahead, they drifted off to sleep, knowing that their journey was far from over.

Little did they know, the adventures that awaited them within the pages of the ancient book would test their courage, challenge their beliefs, and ultimately shape their destinies in ways they could never have imagined.