Chapter eighteen

The next morning the woke up happy of their discovery of the previous day they are to continue the journey and as they were moving out to continue their journey the heard a strange voice from behind telling them to stop as the turned the saw a very big beast. The beast accused them of stealing from him.

The group froze in their tracks, their hearts pounding with fear and confusion. The imposing figure before them was none other than the beast, the guardian of the palace they had just explored. His eyes blazed with anger, and his voice boomed through the chamber.

Morgan, Félix, and Jason exchanged worried glances, unsure of how to respond to the beast's accusation. They had only taken the book they believed held the answers they sought. They had no intention of stealing from him or anyone else.

With trembling voices, they explained their purpose and their quest to find the book that held important secrets. They pleaded their innocence, assuring the beast that they meant no harm.

The beast's anger seemed to soften slightly as he listened to their words. He looked at them intently, searching their faces for any signs of deceit. After a tense moment of silence, he spoke, his voice now filled with a mix of curiosity and sadness.

"You have trespassed into my domain, and yet, I sense honesty in your words," the beast said, his voice carrying a hint of melancholy. "The book you seek holds great power and knowledge, but it is not meant for mortal hands."

Morgan, Félix, and Jason exchanged glances once again, their curiosity piqued by the beast's words. They had risked their lives to find this book, and now they were being told it was not meant for them.

The beast continued, his voice softer now, "However, I see the determination in your eyes and the purity of your intentions. Perhaps, in your quest for knowledge, you may be the ones to unlock the secrets within the book."

He paused for a moment, as if contemplating his next words. "If you truly seek help and are willing to face the trials that lie ahead, I will allow you to keep the book that can led to the book of life . But be warned, the path you tread will be filled with challenges and sacrifices."

The group nodded in understanding, grateful for the beast's unexpected leniency. They knew they had been given a rare opportunity, a chance to bring their love ones back to life .

With newfound determination, they thanked the beast for his mercy. The beast nodded solemnly, his gaze filled with a mix of sadness and hope.

As they prepared to leave the palace, the beast's parting words echoed in their minds, "Remember, knowledge is a double-edged sword. It can bring great enlightenment, but it can also lead to darkness. Choose your path wisely, for the fate of your world may depend on it."

With those words ringing in their ears, the group left the palace, carrying the weight of their newfound responsibility. They knew that their journey was far from over, and the challenges that awaited them would test their resolve like never before.

But armed with the book that could led them to the book of life  and the guidance of the beast, they were ready to face whatever lay ahead. The path to enlightenment would be treacherous, but they were determined to bring back their love ones .

And so, with hearts filled with hope and a newfound sense of purpose, they ventured forth into the unknown, their destiny intertwined with the secrets held within the ancient book.