Chapter twenty-two

Wondering through the evil forest with fear in our hearts and Jason checking the map we realized that we were at the end of our journey but there was nothing, all our efforts just for nothing . As Félix's anger fueled his strike against the tree, a loud thud echoed through the forest. To everyone's astonishment, the ground beneath their feet began to tremble, and a dense fog enveloped the area. When the fog cleared, we found ourselves standing in front of a massive, dilapidated building that seemed to have materialized out of thin air. Its towering structure loomed ominously, casting eerie shadows in the fading light of the day.

Curiosity mingled with trepidation as we cautiously approached the ancient edifice. The building was unlike anything we had ever seen before, with intricate carvings and ornate details that hinted at its former grandeur. Moss-covered walls and broken windows told tales of long-forgotten times, adding to the air of mystery that surrounded it.

With our hearts pounding, we stepped over the threshold and entered the decaying building. The interior was a labyrinth of corridors and rooms, each filled with remnants of a forgotten era. Dust danced in the rays of sunlight that filtered through the cracked windows, creating an ethereal atmosphere.

As we explored further, we stumbled upon a hidden room. The door closed behind us, trapping us inside. Félix, ever resourceful, hurriedly searched for something to open the door. After rummaging through the room, he found a hard piece of iron and started hitting the door repeatedly. With each strike, the door groaned and finally gave way, swinging open to reveal a breathtaking sight.

Inside the room, we were astonished to find a god, the very being who had condemned himself to an eternity of sleep. He lay there, peacefully resting on his bed, as if he had just closed his eyes moments ago. It was a surreal sight to witness someone who had been slumbering for thousands of years appear so normal.

In the god's hands, he held the Book of Life, the very object of our quest. It was a magnificent book, adorned with ancient symbols and glowing with an otherworldly aura. We knew that we had found what we had been searching for all this time.

However, our excitement quickly turned into a dilemma. How were we going to wake the god from his eternal slumber? We knew that waking a god could be a perilous task, as their power and presence could be overwhelming. We needed to find a way to awaken him without causing any harm to ourselves or to him.

Morgan, ever the strategist, suggested that we seek guidance from the ancient texts and legends that we had come across during our journey. Perhaps there was a ritual or a specific set of actions that could awaken the god safely. We scoured the room, searching for any clues or hints that could lead us in the right direction.

After hours of searching, Félix stumbled upon a faded parchment hidden beneath a pile of dust. It contained an ancient incantation, a chant that was said to awaken the slumbering gods. With cautious excitement, we began to recite the incantation, hoping that it would rouse the god from his deep sleep.

As the words echoed through the room, a gentle vibration filled the air. The god stirred, his eyelids fluttering as if he was slowly awakening from a dream. We held our breath, unsure of what would happen next.

Finally, the god's eyes opened, and he looked upon us with a mix of confusion and curiosity. He slowly sat up, the Book of Life still clutched tightly in his hands. It was a moment of awe and reverence as we stood before this ancient being, knowing that we had the opportunity to learn from him and uncover the secrets held within the book.

With gratitude in our hearts, we introduced ourselves and explained our purpose. We shared our journey, the challenges we had faced, and our unwavering determination to uncover the knowledge contained within the Book of Life. The god listened attentively, his wise eyes filled with a depth of understanding.

In a voice that resonated with centuries of wisdom, the god spoke. He commended our bravery and perseverance, acknowledging the risks we had taken to reach him. He then revealed that he had been waiting for someone worthy to awaken him, someone who would respect the knowledge and power contained within the book. He told us that everyone had the chance to bring back to life one person, Jason immediately said that thanks he came if not Morgan could be making a choice now.
So he said that when we will get home our love ones will be waiting for us. Morgan then asked the god if they will remember that they were dead and he said no one will remember except us.