Chapter 1 The Return

Pete's POV

It's been two days since I returned to the main family after leaving the unconscious Vegas on that cold floor. I still can't believe what happened in my life over the past few months. Everything was fine. I was happy with my work, with little tea breaks, with my yai and her amazing food, with Porsche, Khun no, and everyone here. I can see the picture of that happy Pete in front of me smiling and asking hand to join him.

"Aye Pete, what are you doing here?"
Khun No came to me with a confused and annoyed face.

I plastered a smile and answered him.

"I was just checking the fish pond Khun No. I feed them bread and fish food. They look healthy."
He smiled at me. Thank god he doesn't look suspicious.

"aww my Pete, I know you love the fish but you need to rest well sweety! You don't have to do any of this work till I tell you to. Come, let's go to my room and watch the new series.
You know when you went to your island I didn't watch any new series. Because I wanted to start it with you.
Come, come let's go now."

"Oh wow, Khun no you waited for me! Let's watch it then."

I went with Khun No to the room. Arm and Pol were already there with a bowl of popcorn. They looked at me with concern.

When I got back to the mansion Khun Kinn, Khun No and Porsche questioned me about my missing and return. Khun No declared that Yai him confessed that I was not at home. So I go with another one. I told them I was at my friend's home on the island. We went for a little trip and it was not professional to go for a vacation in such a tied-up time in the main family so I forced Yai to lie that I was at home.

It was very hard to convince them. But they eventually believed what I said. The only question Porsche asked me was about my wounds and I said it happened when I had a boat accident while returning from the island. He just nodded to that. Still glaring at me.

I know Pol and Arm are also concerned about my health. They were looking at my hand when we entered the room. My wounds are almost healed except for the knife wound in my palm.

I went to them with a big smile which I believe eased their worries and snatched the popcorn from Pol.

"Aye Pete, you are so childish. It's Khun Nos popcorn you idiot!"

"Pol, don't scream at my baby. He is ill so he can eat whatever he wants." Khun No declared looking affectionate towards me.

I mimicked Pol and he rolled his eyes. Deep down I was genuinely happy that Khun No really take care of me as his baby. He was always there asking me what I wanted to eat, where I wanted to go, why you were not resting enough...

He is really an angel. But most of the time he acts like a devil though.

We watched the series for hours and I had my dinner with Khun No. I went back to my empty room and lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. It has been two days and I couldn't sleep in my comfy room. Whenever I close my eyes the image of the unmoving body of Vegas laying on that cold floor comes to my mind. His worried voice, the way he called my name, echoed in my mind. 

The guilt gulped at me and my tears started to flow. Why did I leave him like that? Is he okay? Did anyone take him to the hospital? But there was nobody with us! Is he still laying on that cold floor, unconscious? Is he going to die there? Die there because of me?

A trial of tears started to flow from my eyes. I couldn't control it. Why is this happening to me? I was the victim and why am I worried about the one who trapped me? Why can't I be happy to be returned? Why can't I stop thinking about him?

"Tired of acting cool?"
I jumped from the bed when I heard Porsche's voice. He was sitting on my opposite bed. When did he come here?!
He mostly sleeps in khun kinn's room. So I was never expecting him. But wait, what did he ask in the first place?

"What's with you Porsche!"

"Pete, you know you can't fool me. I wanted to trust you so I listened to whatever rubbish you said. But this is not getting any better. You are getting worse each day. I need to know the truth, Pete. Now split where we're you on the missing period?"

I started to get panicked. But I somehow managed to hide it from him.

"Aye Porsche, you are blabbering too much. I think I should suggest khun kinn to send you to a psychologist. You are really nuts sweetie! "

I tried to rub it off with some laughs.

"Really? You went to the island?"

"Yes, Porsche. And I am also fine. You don't need to worry maybe I can join training tomorrow itself."   I looked at him confidently.

"Okay then! Let's start our training together tomorrow!"

"Wokey Khun Porsche!" I smiled at him and went back to my bed. Porsche watched me standing straight beside his bed. I tucked my blanket and lay in bed.

"what? Are you going to stand there till tomorrow?"

"Nope, I need to take a shower and then go to bed."

"Okay, turn off the light then. I want my 8 hours of sleep. Good night big boy." I gimmicked at him and closed my eyes.

I heard him opening the closet then walking to the bathroom and later the sound of opening the bathroom door nobe. I sighed slightly so as not to make the conversation more suspicious. But how long can I pretend like this? What am I gonna do with my life?

"Oh by the way Pete, iron your uniform tomorrow, we need to go to the family hospital. Vegas met with an accident and he is in ICU. "

Porsche shouted from the bathroom.