Chapter 13- Am I Good Enough?

Vegas

It has been 5 days since the attack. Papa doesn't want me to go behind it and still consider that it was a robbery attempt. But Nop however is still digging more into the incident.

"Hey."

I recognized the voice instantly.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?"

"Woah. Don't overreact. Big brother was whining about visiting Macau since the attack. So I just came with him for company. "

Kinn said and handed me a cigarette. I definitely knew Kinn was here to console me. He knew how precious Macau was to me. And he is definitely as tense as I am about the attack.

"So... I heard Uncle Kan doesn't want more investigation. Did you stop looking for the attackers?"

I can feel his concern.

"Why should I disclose that to you? So you can keep the attackers safe?"

"Do you think I am stupid enough to attack Macau? Well, if I ever had any intention. I should aim at you Vegas. Not the kid. "

He is lying. I have known Kinn for all my life. No matter how much our family are rivals to each other. He can't seriously attack me. He even considers Macau as his little brother.

"Well, Papa may have his reasons. Anyway, I am doing things my way."

"His reason?! You should seriously take this to Uncle Vegas. They aimed at Macau. That's not how our mafia rivalry works. You can't fool yourself into considering it a robbery."

Kinn is frustrated.

"If you can't handle this, leave it to me. I will make sure to find them within 2 days. "

"So you are saying I am not good enough to find whoever attacked my brother?"

I raised my voice.

"Well, if you were, you should have found them by this time."

Kinn smirked.

"I know how to deal with this Kinn. Stop putting your nose on others' business. After all,  Macau is MY brother."

"Oh yes. He is. What a fate for that little boy! God didn't have mercy to give him to me. If he was MINE, he wouldn't go through this. Because I. Know. How. To. Protect. My. Family."

Kinn raised against me. I folded my fist to hit him.

"Umm... Khun Kinn, Porshe is looking for you."

Pete came to the balcony. Kinn left and he followed him. Pete looked back and glared at me.

"What???" I whispered looking at him.

Oh please, don't tell me he is upset because I mess with his boss. I am not going to do that game. Did he like his boss more than his husband?

The rest of the day went horribly as it always was. Apparently, Macau was delighted to see Kinn and they were having a lot of 'fun' playing video games together with Porsche. And Pete was also standing next to them showing off his cute dimples for lame jokes of that dumbass Kinn while leaning on Arm's shoulders. Wait, Why is he leaning on Arm???