Chapter 9 The Attack

Pete

I woke up in Vegas's bed with a heavy headache. And slowly opened to look at the clock. It was already 10:30 a.m.!  When did I even get here?!

With all the confusion and hangover I went to the bathroom to freshen up and connected my dead phone to the charger before stepping out of the room. Everyone was busy. Some of the guards are roaming on the first floor of the mansion seriously looking at their iPads and I can see some others on the ground floor doing the same.

What the hell happened here?

Oh God don't tell me I broke into this house last night after getting drunk! Did I destroy something? Or maybe killed any guards! Fuck! Why can't I even remember anything? What the fuck did I do yesterday! I grabbed my hair trying to think hard which obviously didn't work out.

I slowly went down to the dining area.

"Pete! Sit here dear, I will get your hangover soup. " Aunt Mei said and went to the kitchen.

I sat thinking who even told Aunt to make a hangover soup? It will be Vegas. Who else is going to do that? Speaking of, I didn't see Vegas anywhere in the mansion. Did he go to the main mansion? Or is there any mission?

I saw Nop storming into Macau's room. I ran behind him. I was welcomed by a very unpleasant scene.

Nop was standing right next to Macau's bed. And New with teary eyes on the other side. And some other guards were scanning through everything in the room. There was a broken flower vase with blood that was marked by chalk. And in the bed, there is Vegas, who looks terrified, weak, vulnerable, and sad next to him, and Macau who is lying there with a huge white roll on his forehead, flinching in pain now and then holding Vegas' hands so tight and calling his brother occasionally!

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE???"

I thought I was whispering to Nop, but it turned out I was actually screaming those words which caught the attention of the entire room!

"Pete! Uh... Nop take him to Aunt Mei, he might be hungry." Vegas commanded.

Nop grabbed my hand and marched towards the dining area. There was my soup already served. He sat me down in the chair and began to go back.

"P'Nop!" I grabbed his hand.

"What happened to Khun Macau?"

I asked. He sighed and sat in the chair next to me.

"You must eat something. You look so dehydrated and sick. I assume you must have also skipped dinner last night."

Nop said in a cold tone.

"Yes. I will eat. Now can you please tell me about this?"

"There was an attack at midnight. They broke into the mansion through the first-floor balcony. Shot two of our guards with a silencer gun."

"D-did they hurt Khun Vegas?"  I instantly asked with panic.

"No. That is what surprised us. They went straight to Macau's room. Luckily he woke up and defended them with his boxing kicks. And pressed the alarm button. Then all the guards rushed there."

"So do we have the attackers? Who are they? What do they want from the kid?"

"No, Pete!" Nop said with disappointment. "When we reached the room, Macau was lying on the floor with a puddle of blood, he said one of the attackers smashed the flower vase behind his head and he lost his balance. They escaped in seconds!"

"What? So we still don't know who they are?" 

This is so terrific! Macau is just a kid. He has zero involvement in any of the mafia deals or missions. He doesn't even know who their team is and their enemies. 

"No, Pete! We need to find them out. Khun Vegas called Doctor Top at that very moment and he dressed the wound. Or the bleeding might have caused so much trouble. But still, Macau is in a trauma and he is not letting go of Khun."

"Yes. P'Nop. Macau is just a kid. There is no wonder he got traumatized by that. And he needs someone to support him right now. The right person for that is definitely Khun Vegas." I said.

"I know Pete. But trust me khun is not in a state of consoling. Th-there is a rage filled in him. I can feel it from his every movement, every word even from every expression. And all I know is this is not good. For them, for us, for Macau and himself."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked Nop with concern.

"Khun Vegas is a beast, Pete. Macau is the only one who is keeping him somewhat sane and controlled. And today someone poked Macau. This is not going to set well. He is not going to let it go until he finds and destroys every root of this."

Nop was scared to even say that. And I realized the depth of this attack. It may even destroy everything the minor mansion holds, it may shed so much blood, and it may create numerous issues for the business. But Vegas will never settle until he catches the one who touched Macau.

"Nop!!!"

We both flinched at the voice. It was Vegas. He swiftly walked towards us.

"Nop. We need to go right now. Rap it up and come with me. Secretary New, you should stay here with Pete and Macau. Tom and Star should guard Macau's room. We will be here in the evening. So I need everyone to be alert and concentrated. I don't want any more scratches on my Macau or anyone of you in this house. So grab your weapons and be on guard till I come back. Got it?"

Vegas commanded everyone gathered on the ground floor.

"Yes boss!" we said.

Nop went next to him. And they moved towards the main door. Suddenly Vegas stopped waking turned around and gave me a concerned-but-determined look.

"Pete, I know I need to explain to you all of that sick story. I owe you an apology for faking that injury drama. But that is the least concerned thing for me right now. So I am giving you two options here. You can either go to the main mansion right now and report to Kinn that I am ok and you got replaced by my other guard. Then you can leave all this behind. I will never come after you or hurt you for that. Or, you can stay here and look after my brother till I am back. And we can clear this out after I free my mind from this attack."

I was so stunned and was completely blank to even utter a single word. So I nodded my head.

Vegas hugged me close which I didn't return due to shock.

"I am so scared right now Pete!"

He whispered to my ears. And withdrew his hug. I can see his eyes getting glassy which he cunningly hid from all the guards and went to the basement.

I watched the trail of cars going towards the main gate of the minor mansion and my chest started to beat so loud without any reason.

What is this feeling?

Hello there,

I know I took a long break. I was kinda of busy with some work stuff. Sorry for disappointing you guys. 😔
Hope you love the chapter! 💕