Chapter 6 My Space

Vegas

It was all dark around me. I heard the faint voice of a lady from a distance. She was calling me. Calling my name. I searched for some light and looked for directions to reach the voice. It was all dark. Then I saw a flash, a tiny little blue light from a distance. And the shadow of the lady.

"Vegas..."

Mom! I ran towards her. She was standing there with her hands open to take me in her arms. I ran as fast as I could. I went near her. She looks magical. She was wearing her blue gown which I love the most. And sweetly smiled at me.

"Vegas, my little cupcake."  she sat on her knees and opened her arms.

"Mom..."

I went near her to embrace her with all my love. But all of a sudden she screamed. I was stunned and stayed still right there. Without moving any close to her. Without taking her hands. Without embracing her. Without protecting her. I stayed there like a statue.

A large black shadow appeared on the back of me. I was afraid to look back at what it was. It went through me and pulled Mom far away from me.

"Mommmmm....."

I screamed. The shadow through her to a pool filled with black-colored water. My mom was drowning. And I stand there screaming like an idiot.

"Vegas..! Macau..! Vegas... Save!"

My mom cried out calling my name. And stood there crying without even helping her to climb out of the pool.

"Vegas....vega..!"

All her screams disappeared. I stood there in silence in the darkness. There was no one calling my name. There was no light guiding me. There was no one opening their arms to me. I lost it. I lost my mother.

"Mom..!" I screamed and searched for her in the darkness. No, no, no...! I can't lose her. I need her! Macau needs her!

Mom!

"Vegas..."

I heard someone calling me. This time it's the fainted voice of a man. A blue light appeared in my dark space.

"Khun Vegas??"

I flinched and opened my eyes. I am in my bedroom. I was covered in my sweat. I was thirsty as hell.  Fuck! I had that same fucking nightmare.

"Khun Vegas? Are you okay?"

I looked in the direction where the voice came from. It was Pete. He was kneeling right at the side of my bed. He placed his palm on my forehead. He looks worried. Worried like hell.

"Khun Vegas. please say something. Did you have a fever? Are you cold? Do you need a blanket? Do you want me to call the doctor? Are you having a heart attack?"

A worried Pete is cute. I mean he is always cute. But now I can see his doll eyes moving like hell and his frowned brows which makes him 100 times more cute. Arh! I love this man!

"I...I need some water."

I said while slowly sitting up and leaning toward him. He gently supported my shoulder and let my upper body rest on his chest. Well, I wasn't that bad. But you know, people who are ill need more caring and attention. It is not a crime.