Chapter 14- Family Time

Vegas

Nop and I spent the entire day digging the footage from the CCTV. And Pete went to visit the Major Family because of Big Brother's whining. I was not happy about that. But I had no choice or else the big brother would come here and live. Which will be my nightmare.

"Khun... Look at this."

Nop zoomed the screen.

"Tune has been wandering the balcony for an hour now. Look... He is even taking photos on his phone."

"Yeah. He might be sending it to the attacker to confirm the location. "

Finally! I got something to start with. This is it! This is what I was looking for. My hands were shaking to kill him. But I need to be patient. I want to know the leader of their gang. Why did he choose Macau instead of me? 

"Khun Vegas" New called me out of the office room.

"What is it?"

"Khun... Can I... I say something to you? "

He is so nervous. And I had never seen him like that.

"What is it? Did something happen to Macau?"

"That's what I want to share khun. I know you are too busy with the investigation and other countermeasures of the attack. And it is reasonable that Macau needs to be on bed rest. But the problem is... Macau..."

"What? Did he sneak out? Didn't he take his meds? Is he misbehaving?"

"No sir. Macau is a good kid. He is mature enough to understand the situation. And he is well aware that he will get good attention and care from us."

"Then I don't see any problem there New! You should continue your duty to watch over him. I need to control the other issues. So take the necessary actions. You can leave. I have a meeting now. "

I entered my room without waiting for his salutation. And was about to close the door.

"YO! CAN'T YOU SPEND AN HOUR WITH HIM? HE IS YOUR FUCKING BROTHER!!! HE SURVIVED A MURDER ATTEMPT! DON'T YOU THINK HE NEEDS YOUR PRESENCE??? YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE HE GOT! AND HERE YOU ARE BUSY WITH YOUR MEETING, SCHEDULE, AND OTHER HELLS! LIKE THIS ALL ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN MACAU!!! THAT KID MISSES YOU. HE IS CHANTING YOUR NAME IN HIS SLEEP! OF COURSE HE KNOW HIS BROTHER IS BUSY WITH ALL HIS FUCKING THINGS... SO HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING! AND NEVER GOING TO!!! BUT, I CAN'T STAND THIS ANYMORE..!"

New shouted and shoved me out of the room.

"YOU VEGAS! GO TO MACAU'S ROOM AND BE THERE WITH HIM UNTIL PETE COME!!! THE FOOD IS THERE, MEDS ARE THERE, FEED HIM, TALK TO HIM AND TAKE CARE OF HIM. WHILE I AM GONNA FIX YOUR FUCKING MEETING SCHEDULE! GO RIGHT NOW!!!"

He shut the door in front of me and I was bewildered to utter a single word. It took me a couple of minutes to realize what he told me. He is right I deliberately scheduled my meetings and covered my time with other things to stay away from Macau. But, deep down it was bothering me too!

The truth is I can't face him! My little brother, my Macau! He is staying there with a big white band just because of me!  Just because I couldn't take care of him! It bothered me every time I saw his injured face wishing if that was me instead! And I stopped visiting him to avoid that guilt. It is true! I am a terrible brother! I should have considered Macau's feelings instead of my stupid thoughts! If he needed me, I would want to be with him all my life!

I gently pushed the door. Macau is scrolling his phone. And he didn't even notice that I slipped into his room. Seriously? This kid never learns to be alert!