Chapter 4 The Decision

Pete

"Stop. Pete, I know you are the one who injured him and made him this bad!"

Nop said holding my hands. He gently pulls me towards a corner. And started to get sweaty.

"I... I... Thought his guards might be there. When I left him. I... I am sorry Nop!"

I said with guilt. I knew there was no one except us that night. But I don't want Nop to get a bad impression of me.

"Come on Pete, we found Khun Vegas only yesterday. He was left there bleeding, unconscious for more than one entire day! How could you do something like this to your boss's family?"

Nope is angry. I mean yes, he has all the right to get angry at me. Every sentence he said was nothing but the truth. I am a bad person. I did that and I am guilty about that too.

"Pete, I don't know what happened in the safe house. I... I don't know even if I am allowed to say this. But I am promising you what I am about to say is 100℅ genuine. "

Nop said in an emotional tone. And I could not understand a word. What is wrong with him? Or is it wrong with me? Did I unintentionally hurt him too?!

"When we lost our connection with Khun  Vegas, I thought the Italians might have found your location and kidnapped you both. But the GPS tracked him in the same safe house. The network was on and functioning it's just... Khun Vegas was not responding. So I went to check on him with his secretary. "

Nop looked towards me to see if I was listening. And I was exactly focused on each word he said.

"When we went there, Khun Vegas was laying there with a lot of blood. I inspected the room and you were not found. So, I imagined what happened there. And honestly I... I was really mad at you. I wanted to catch you before you could even get back to the main family mansion. I wanted to break your hand and tie you up just to show my khun. But, that wasn't my first concern. "

"So Secretary New and I started to wake him up but he didn't open his eyes. We arranged the ambulance and he was totally unconscious all that time.  I started to swear your name with frustration. Then... Then Khun Vegas mumbled your name... He called you like a thousand times... He repeated only one phrase, 'Don't leave me, Pete!'  I don't know what happened there. But I am pretty sure my Khun just let you beat him up and escape intentionally.  Because we both know. If he wanted you tied up there. He will get that."

I looked at Nop agreeing to that. That's right. Vegas didn't stand for a fight. He just... Just surrender to me.

"Pete, I don't want to know why you did that to Khun Vegas and what he did to you. All I know is that Khun Vegas was concerned about you. And that is not something he always does. So, if you have a tiny bit of guilt for doing such a horrible thing to your boss, consider looking after him for a short time as compensation. I am not gonna force this. It is up to you. "

Nop left me in the corner and walked away. Me? Going to the minor family mansion? Look after Vegas? This is insane. Never in my lifetime, did I want that. But, honestly, it feels right. I am the reason why he was hospitalized. Maybe looking after him might ease my guilt. And Nop said he called my name... I mean it might be because he thought I was still there and wanted to manipulate my feelings. But still, it felt nice knowing that Vegas just uttered my name while he was unconscious.

I looked in the mirror beside me. And found out my face was like a tomato! Thank god Porsche was inside or else I would be dead. 

Vegas

Here I am laying in this stupid bed wondering when Pete will show up! This whole drama was an idea from Porsche. And I know, he is definitely gonna kill me for involving Kinn and all. But I can't spend one more day without the presence of my light.