Chapter 15- People Of Minor Family

Pete

It was already 2 when Arm dropped me in the minor mansion. Everything was so quiet. Only the night guards were patrolling through the corridors and balcony. Luckily I didn't drink much because of the last time. I don't want to embarrass myself again in front of the whole minor family guards.

I entered the hall which was very quiet and dimly lit. Seems like this is how normally the mansion rests. I went directly to Vegas's room. It was surprising that Vegas didn't bug me all day knowing I would be out with Khun No and Porsche. Is he already tired of me? Or did he find any important leads? Or was he simply ignoring me because I went with Khun No? I gently opened the door assuming a fumbled Vegas would be sitting on his armchair, waiting to kill me with questions and doubts about the outing. But, to my surprise the room was empty. I went to the bathroom, it was empty. My stomach started to boil. I was caught by these uneasy feelings. Like my head is spinning and my heart is pounding like hell!

Where is he? What happened to him?

I wanted to call his name. But nothing came out. I sat near the bed thinking all possible ways where Vegas should be this time. Some fingers brushed my shoulder.

"Pete, you all right?"

It was New.

"N...new! New! Vegas is... Not here... I..i..."

I panicked and grabbed his wrist.

"Oh, don't worry. He is in Macau's room. I put him on duty... I mean he said he wanted to take care of Macau."

Phew! What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I always assume the worst when anything related to Vegas?! This is embarrassing! What will New think of me!  I straightened my position and walked out of the room.

"Did he say anything about the attack? Do we have any progress?"

I asked in a serious tone so New is gonna forget about that panicking Pete.

"Well, P'Nop said we got something. But I don't know any details."

"Good." again serious.

"Pete..."

"Yes, New?"

"Why are you faking a deep voice?"

"I am not faking it. This is my voice." still serious.

"Ha! You are mimicking Khun Vegas! Right?"

"No! I am not!"

"Oh, yes you are yes!" New imitated the deep voice.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BICKERING AT 2:30 AM? PEOPLE ARE SLEEPING IDIOTS!"

Yelled someone from the staircase.

"Sorry!" we both, in our normal voices.

I went straight to Macau's room. Light music was playing on the TV. And I entered a sight which is gonna be there in my heart forever.

I took my mobile phone and took a dozen photos of Macau and Vegas sleeping in cuddles and the bed was filled with some snacks and a videogame jockey stick. Maybe they fell asleep while playing. So that's why this buffalo didn't call me a thousand times! Video game ha!