Chapter 8 The Drunk One

Vegas

I don't know why my heart aches when Pete says something favoring Kinn. It is not I am jealous. It is more like he is too loyal to him and his world revolves around the main mansion. I am just his "duty" given by his boss. I was upset when he warned me about his powerful boss. Like am I that strange to him? Then what is the point of acting sick to gain his attention and prove my love? When he simply doesn't care about me rather than his duty.

I sent him to the main mansion I was so mad to face him. Deep down so sad to know he is not even considering me as a person rather than Khun Vegas. I needed to clear my mind. I spent my day inside the mansion. I did some office work and papers and spent quite a long time in the garden, drinking a lot of coffee and reading an entire book.

This is my typical cocoon phase. Whenever I am emotionally imbalanced I spend much more time with myself, relaxing my body and mind with the things I love. I never go out or talk to anyone at those times.  I never spend time on anything not relevant to those times. Macau, Nop, and New know this. So they never bother me with anything during this period.

It is already 8.00 pm. I told Pete to come back here in the morning. I lay on my bed reading my book, tossing around feeling a little tensed. I don't know why I have a feeling that he may not come tomorrow. He will back off from his caretaker duty. Well, he might have found me very boring. That is true! I knew this was not going to work at all!

I focused my eyes from Pete's side bed to my book. I can't even read now. I miss him. Should I call Porsche? Nah! Let it go Vegas! You know this is not going anywhere. There is no future. At least let Pete have whatever he likes.

"Khun.....Khun Vegas...."

Nop banged on the door. What's wrong with him?

"What is it Nop?"

"Khun, I think you should come to the gate. We really have a huge problem!"

What is he talking about? He says there is a problem but he is too calm while saying that. Nop is one of my best guys. He is damn serious even for a minor threat. He will never joke around with attacks and problems. What is happening?

I wore pajamas and followed Nop to the gate. And what welcomed me was...

A Pete who's drunk as fuck, sitting on top of a taxi car, showering tantrums to everyone around him, refusing to step down from the top, screaming, crying, singing, and freaking out every five minutes, in the middle of 20+ guards of the minor family and a too stunned to speak Nop.

"Pete! What are you doing up there? Get down!"

I shouted with confusion and tension.

"Who the -hicc- hell are you -hicc- to shout to Pete -hicc- you b-buffalo!"

Shit! He is really drunk. Who lets him drink like that?

"Pete, you said you would come down if Khun Vegas called you. Come on now!"
Nop said crunching his teeth.

He said What? Wait, how long has he been sitting there in this freezing weather?

"Nah.. -hicc- you arrr fooling -hicc- me. This is -hicc- not Wegath!"

I don't know why but his little hiccups and raspy voice are very cute. And pronouncing my name incorrectly surprisingly made me happy! I wish to cup his cheeks and kiss him to muffle those sounds.