Chapter 2: Guilty

Saanvi

There was no doubt in Grace's mind that she was furious. She would probably be upset with me if she knew I murdered someone instead of Ben.

"Is that why he's been missing for hours?" Grace asked.

"Yes," Mick says. "Can we come in?"

"Yeah, sure," Grace says, opening the door wider so we could come in. "Have a seat on the couch."

As Mick and I sit on the couch, we exchange worried glances. Known Grace would ask many questions, we thought it was best to think carefully about what we would say to her before we said it.

"So.." Grace says, sitting on the couch, "what happened?"

"Want to go first?" Mick asked me in a friendly manner.

"No, I think it would be better if you went first."

"Some just start," Grace said.

"Ben is in jail because he murdered someone. Well, that's not true. He did not murder anyone, he was just protecting Saanvi."

"Oh my goodness, Saanvi murdered someone? That is not at all like her."

"Yes," Mick says. "Now, we don't want you to take it the wrong way. Everything will be handled.

"What do you mean by the situation is being handled? My husband is in jail for protecting Saanvi!"

All I could do was say nothing and keep my mouth shut. I didn't want to ruin their relationship, but I never said I wanted Ben to protect me.

"Do you have anything to say, Saanvi?!" Grace said abruptly

"I'm sorry. I didn't ask Ben to protect me, he just did."

"Well, you need to fix this!"

"Yeah... I know," I say, grabbing my bag and then walking out the door.

Mick follows me as she taps my shoulder. I turn around.

"You okay?"

"Yeah... I just need to solve this before Grace does something to me."

Mick laughs, "That's a good one."

I didn't respond because I thought Grace would do something to me if I didn't get him out of jail.

"Oh, you're serious."

"Yea," I say, annoyed, "just get in the car."

Mick drives the car while I sit in the passenger seat.

My head was filled with unwanted thoughts. Grace scared me, and I didn't know what to do about it. I also have feelings for Ben which would make things awkward if Grace were to find out.

"Saanvi."

"Saanvi!"

"Yeah?" I say, looking at Mick.

"Don't worry we'll figure this out." She says, looking back at me.

"I hope so."

"Anyway, where do you want to go besides the police station?"

"I'd like to go to the police station."

"But it's 8 pm.

"I just need to talk to Ben for a little bit."

"Fine."

We arrive at the police station, but Mick doesn't leave the car.

"Aren't you coming with me?" I ask.