Chapter 7: The Truth Will Set You Free

The next day -a Saturday Morning-

Grace

As Grace was preparing pancakes for breakfast, she heard Olive and Cal coming downstairs.

"I made pancakes for you guys," Grace said, putting two pancakes on each plate and asking, "Are you guys hungry?"

In a soft voice, Cal replies, sitting down at the kitchen island where there were 2 chairs, "Sure.."

Cal sat in one of the chairs, but Olive did not sit in the other one. She was standing up.

"Olive?" Grace asked while giving Cal some syrup.

Olive looked at her cast. "No, thank you."

"You have to eat something. You didn't eat dinner yesterday. That's so unusual for you to skip dinner."

"It's just that I'm not hungry right now."

The pancakes were taken off the plate by Grace using a spatula. She put them into a plastic bag and sealed it . "I'll save some for you," Grace said.

"Don't bother," Olive said, turning around and walking back up the stairs.

The moment Grace saw Ben coming downstairs, she immediately became enraged.

"Has Olive eaten anything?" Ben asked, kissing Grace on the cheek, after he just saw Olive go back into her room.

"No," Grace replied.

There was something odd about the way he was acting that Grace found strange. Whenever he kisses her, it isn't on the cheeks, but only on the lips and forehead. There was a strange feeling in Grace's stomach.

"Ooo pancakes," Ben says as he grabs a hold of the plastic bag that contains the pancakes he wants.

When Grace turned around, she saw Ben opening the bag. "Those are for Olive."

"Unfortunately, she will not be eating them."

"She told me she was going to eat them."

"Did she say did or did you say that?"

"Olive said she would."

"There is something telling me that you don't want me to eat them."

"You're not going to eat them," Grace says as she grabs a plastic bag and places it into the fridge.

"So you made everyone pancakes except for me?"

"Yeah, I did."

The argument lasted for several minutes before Cal decided it was time to leave.

"Where are you going? You didn't finish your pancakes," Grace said.

"I am going to my room, so I do not have to hear you guys argue any longer!" Cal shouted as he walked up the stairs.

"Look what you did!"

"I didn't do anything!" Ben says.

""Listen I've been meaning to tell you something.. I've been meaning to tell you the truth. I don't know if I can be your wife anymore."

"Don't say that, don't even think about saying that. I LOVE YOU!"

"Do you?"

"Yes Grace, I do."

"You've been acting weird this past week."

"Can we just stop fighting? I'm sure the kids can hear us."

"Okay.." Grace says as she leaves the kitchen.

Grace was tired of fighting with Ben, but maybe there was only one way for their problem to be resolved.