Chapter 10: There's No Going Back

Saanvi

"No promises can be made." Grace said.

"Grace, please....don't do this." Saanvi begged, holding back her tears.

"Are you and Ben dating?" Grace asked.

"No, we're not." Saanvi answered.

"I don't believe you."

"Why not?"

"Because.." Grace began. " I don't think you're being honest with me."

"Please believe me, Grace."

"Why should I?" Grace asked.

"Because I'm telling the truth," she replied. "I understand why you don't believe me, but please give me a chance to prove it."

"I don't need you to prove anything."

"Grace..."

Tears begin to well in her eyes as she reaches for the doorknob. She takes a deep breath and turns to face Saanvi. "I'm sorry," she says, "but I have to go."

"Grace, wait!" Saanvi says heading towards the door to block it. "Don't tell Ben."

"I won't. Now get out of my way."

Saanvi stepped aside as she watched Grace open the door then close it. Saanvi sighed and shook her head, knowing it wasn't going to end well. She just hoped she had made the right decision by telling Grace.

-

Olive

After Olive and Cal had been eavesdropping on their parents conversation, Olive and Cal were wondering if Ben liked Saanvi. Cal forced Olive to go downstairs since he was too scared to ask.

Olive walked down the stairs. "Hey, where's mom?" Olive sat on the couch next to Ben.

"She went somewhere," Ben said, while looking at his phone.

"Oh... cool," Olive said going back upstairs. She went the very top of the stairs to see Cal sitting down.

"Okay, you go!" Olive whisper-shouts.

"No, you go!" Cal whispers back.

"I just went!"

"Okay fine, I'll go... but what do I say?"

"Talk about Saanvi."

"But I thought you didn't want me to mention her."

"I change my mind! Just do it!"

"Okay, fine!" Cal whisper-shouted.

-
Cal

Cal walks down the stairs in a calm manner. He really did wonder if Ben liked Saanvi.

"Hey dad..." Cal says sitting on the couch next to Ben.

"Hey, Cal." Ben said putting his phone down and looking at Cal.

There was silence and no one knew what to say.

"So dad... do you like Saanvi?" Cal asked.

"What did you say?"

"I said do you like Saa-"

"No, I heard you. I don't like Saanvi."

"Come on you can trust us..." Cal says, begging. "Pleaseee?"

"Okay, fine. Maybe I do like her little bit that's it-"

Cal ran upstairs.

"Where are you going?!" Ben yelled.