Chapter 6: The Aftermath

"I don't know." Saanvi says.

"I was wondering why you didn't tell me you had calling about a death date. As far as I remember, all you told me was that you had seen a gravestone. Do you not trust me?!"

"I do.. it's just..."

"What?"

As Saanvi pulled her arm away from Ben, she replied, "A death date calling nothing to worry about. It won't do any harm."

"Yes it will," Ben said, "Saanvi you don't understand.. having a death date calling isn't good for you."

Saanvi leaves the lab, Ben stands there idly watching her as she leaves. As much as he could have gone through her computer and her files, it would have been better if he went back to room 219 instead.

-

Ben

Ben realized as he was walking back into room 219 that there was only a little more than five minutes left before Grace and Cal would be in the room.

"How are they?" Ben asked as he walked back into the room.

"I don't know... Just a few minutes ago, another doctor came into the room and said they were going to wake up soon. I'm not sure... I'm not sure..." Jared said, seated in one of the chairs in the room.

"It's okay", Ben says, sitting down in the other chair, "Don't worry, they'll wake up."

There was no emotion in Ben's body at the moment... he thought it was strange that he didn't feel sad at the moment., but deep down he was, but he just couldn't express it.

A few moments later, Ben stands up again to kiss Mick and Olive on the forehead, then he sits down once again.

-A few minutes have passed -

After some time has passed, Saanvi returns to the room.

"Your 10 minutes have passed, so it's time for you guys to go."

"Saanvi!" Ben shouts as he stands up.

"Not right now," Saanvi says as she leaves the room.

"What's going on between you too?" Jared asks, looking at Ben with interest.

As Ben starts walking, he sighs and has a hard time answering the question, "I'm honestly not sure."

It was only a few seconds after they left the room that they heard a noise.

"Dad? " Olive asks slowly, opening her eyes a little wider.

Olive?" Ben says as he turns around, "Oh my god! Jared, get a doctor as soon as possible."

While Ben stays in the room, Jared goes out to get Saanvi.

"I was so worried about you," Ben says with a tear streaming down his cheek.

"Is Aunt Mick awake?" Olive asked.

"She's right next to you, but no she's not awake."

Olive turns her head slowly and sees Mick still unconscious. Olive shakes her head very slowly and sighs, feeling deep sadness. "Will she wake up?"

"Yeah.. she will," Ben says, giving Olive and gentle smile.

-
Saanvi

Saanvi went back into her lab to run some tests once again.This was the closest she had ever come to finding a cure for Cal, and she only knew one person that could help her.

"Saanvi?" Jared asked knocking on her door. "Olive woke up."

"I'll be out in a minute."

In a matter of seconds, Saanvi opens the door, and they both walk back to room 219 together. While on their way ,Saanvi and Jared were stopped in the waiting room by Grace and Cal who were still waiting to see Olive and Michaela