Chapter 5: Trust No One

Jared

The two of them moved somewhere to where TJ will not be able to hear them.

"He is saying that a Calling he had led him here, and you believe him when he says that?"

"Yeah, how else could he have found the girl's body?"

"He could have found her by putting her there."

"Come on, Jared. You think he killed her?"

"Look, I don't think anything, Ben I'm gathering the facts, okay? That's my job."

Ben

In the meantime, Jared walks back to a few police officers, while Ben walks back to TJ.

A feeling of unease was evident in TJ's voice when he said, "I think you made a mistake in calling the police, I knew something like this would happen."

'Listen to me. The cops may not believe you right now, but they will believe you later."

"I don't know..." TJ sighed regretfully as he looked at Ben, and said, "I feel like I made the wrong decision by telling you."

" Trust me, you made the right decision. I promise it will all work out in the end. They just don't understand that we have to follow our callings in order to survive.

"I hope so.."
-

Michaela

Despite the fact that Michaela was still watching TV, she hears Olive coming downstairs

"How are you feeling?"

"Okay... I guess," Olive replied as she sat down on the sofa.

"Listen. I know you aren't sick."

"What do you mean?" Olive replies, pretending to cough as she responds to Mick, "I am sick."

Mick glances at Olive for a moment, seeing if she is telling the truth.

"Okay, fine! I'm not sick."

"Why didn't you go to school?"

"Why didn't you go to work?"

"I'm the adult here, so you answer my questions first."

"Well.. I'm almost an adult."

"In 2 years you will be."

"I just didn't want to go because of this nonsense. With the callings and everything. People talking about it on the news. Everyone has them except for me and mom. And we just feel left out."

"Trust me Olive, you don't want the callings. They may seem all fun, but it isn't."

"It's just you guys always try to solve these callings that you forget about everything else."

"Your dad has been laser focused on these calling's lately."

"Yeah, he's always pays attention to Cal and not me. But why weren't you at work?"

"Oh, umm... Jared's calling me. I'll be back in a minute," Mick says, getting up from the couch and going into the kitchen after getting her phone out of her pocket.

Michaela didn't get a call from Jared, so she had to make up one by improvising. A second later, she actually received a call from him.

"Mick, you need to come to the construction site now."

"Is everything okay?"

"I'll explain when you get there. I just need you to come."

"Yeah uh mhm.. I'll be there in 15 minutes."