Chapter 4: Cal's Drawing

Hey everyone hope you're enjoying the story. Anyway I'm going to be changing the POV so that the narrator is basically narrating. So for example on Ben's POV instead of "I" it's gonna say "Ben." (it's mainly for the detail not the dialogue.) ENJOY!

Ben

-A week later-

"Was that a calling?" Mick asked Ben as she was packing Cal's lunch.

"Yeah.. but it was more vivid. I didn't hear a voice in my head this time, I saw something."

"What'd you see?" Mick asked Ben as she was zipping up Cal's lunch box and then putting it on the table.

"I saw a young man with a shovel in his hand, and he was near a construction site. Have you ever gotten a calling like that?"

"No.. maybe Cal has."

"Maybe.. I'll go ask him when he gets back from school."

"Maybe you should go to the construction site like right now."

"I'll go down there in a bit.. I'm meeting Saanvi at the lab."

"Ooooh Saanvi."

"What about it?"

"You guys talk about each other a lot-"

"Well it's not like-"

Grace walks into the kitchen, "Hey honey... what are you guys talking about?" She asked curiously because she knew there was something going on.

"We were talking Saa-" Ben nudges her shoulder, "We were talking about how Ben got a new calling," Mick says.

"What do you mean a new calling?" Grace asked.

"Uhm.. instead of hearing a voice in my head.. I saw something. It's nothing to worry about." Ben said

Ben grabs his keys from the key bowl and starts to open the door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Grace asked while in the kitchen. Ben turns to face Grace.

"My jacket?" Ben asks, "thanks for reminding me."

"Uhm.. not it's not that it's-"

"Oh yeah... tell Cal to have a good day at school LOVE YOU BYE." Ben said in a rush.

Ben slams the door and enters his car. He was already running late and didn't want to upset Saanvi. After 10 minutes, Ben finally arrives at the hospital.

-

Saanvi

Ben enters Saanvi's lab and puts his bag on her chair.

"Can you not?" Saanvi said in an annoying tone.

"Can I not what?" Ben asks.

"Can you move your bag?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that." Ben said as he put his bag somewhere else.

"It's fine."

"You seem a little stressed." Ben said.

"I'm not, what'd you wanna talk about?"

"Uhm.. have you had a calling where you've seen someone or something?"

"Yeah.. why?"

"I thought it was different, ya know."

"Yeah.." Saanvi said, looking at the floor.

Ben realizes that Saanvi's looking at the floor, "What's going on?"

"Uhm.. nothing.. anyway what'd you see?"