Jealousy

The car journey was short and quiet. When they arrived at the cemetery. The air felt more solemn than at the hotel where it was tense and uneasy. Sam and Colby later invited the miners to join them at the hotel and after many jokes decided to get back in the car and drive back to get ready for their tour.

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Ana stood in the bathroom doing her hair. She was about to do the last bit of her hair but she dropped her clip. She bent down to grab it and the lights instantly turned off. She shot up and checked to see if it was Amanda but she was sitting on the bed reading her book. She quickly went to turn back on the light and finish doing her hair. All she could think about was getting burnt by the straighteners in her hand and it fueled her anxiety further.

About 10 minutes later they all met in the hallway before going down to find their tour guide. They were talking about it on camera while walking and Amanda explained she had a similar experience before.

"Rose might have gotten jealous as you were both getting ready," Colby stated."I swear things have only been happening to you two".

The group started the tour with Brea and as they made their way back to the rooms. They all listened carefully but Ana eye's started to search the room. "What's wrong?" Colby asked. Her eyes locked with a tall man. He was glaring at Brea before locking gazes with Ana. She just felt fear. It was choking her. She glanced over to the guide "is there a man who doesn't like you here?" Her eyes widened and she glanced over to where Ana had been looking before.

"Um yeah he is the one that is suspected to have killed Rose" Brea said still in shock "He comes by every now and then, apparently I look like her," she quickly added.

"Have you touched your neck at all?" Amanda questioned before pointing out a red mark on the side of her neck.

"It looks like someone tried to choke you,"Sam added before quickly taking a picture to show her.

They all decided to move to the third floor but after not getting much activity they all moved down to the basement.Somehow Ana became even more on edge.She felt like she was being surrounded: like she was trapped.Colby noticed his new friend's discomfort and handed the camera to sam. He then moved to stand next to Ana and hold her hand as they walked deeper into the basement. "I promised, didn't I?" He playfully smirked at the smaller girl as she returned him an uncertain smile. He didn't know why but he felt pulled towards her almost like a magnet. When he saw he begin to become more anxious he had to go and look after her and it was killing him that he couldn't figure out why.

They went into the vault and started the investigation. The spirits seemed to respond well to the girls and often ignored the guys. Eventually they decided to take a break before continuing in the basement.

"This night has been crazy for evidence," Sam said.

"I know that rem pod going crazy after nothing for like 10 minutes was insane," Amanda agreed. Colby nodded while taking a sip of his drink.

"So what's the plan after this?" Ana turned to Sam and Colby.

"I say we go and do a spirit box session and go from there," Colby suggested.

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

As the night continued they gathered a lot of content but they quickly became drained. They decided to do the estes method and then call it a night.

Colby sat down after carefully listening to Ana and Amanda as they gave him advice on how to properly tune into a meditative state.He sat down in the rocking chair and put on his headphones and blindfold.

As soon as Colby began to rock the rem pod started to detect a change in temperature within the room. Sam began to ask questions while Amanda jumped in every now and then. It was clear they were talking to Rose at this point. "Watch this" Colby repeated "Above". Amanda and Ana instantly moved in fear of her using the chandelier to hurt them. It was at this point where they really didn't feel safe but they wanted to try and carry on.

Amanda then asked how she died. Ana started to subconsciously shake her head. Before Colby repeated "stop,". He sounded different. His kind, charming tone was replaced with one laced in hate. They knew they had struck a nerve and decided to back off the question.

As they continued to talk the messages only got more and more threatening. Ana's head snapped back as her hair got yanked from behind her. She started panicking and quickly Amanda noticed pulling her closer to herself in an attempt to comfort the girl. They knew it was going too far at this point and that they had to end it quickly.

"Was that you Rose, that just pulled my hair?" Ana questioned.

"Get out," Colby responded. Sam decided they had enough content and the girls' safety was not worth a few extra minutes of a video. He gently tapped Colby's shoulder.

"Did that make sense?" Colby asked while taking off the headphones.

"A stupid amount of sense," Sam replied.They quickly packed up their stuff and the girls went to another room they booked to sleep in. The room was on the second floor where there were no stories or unfriendly spirits. They both washed off their makeup and got ready for bed.

Ana joined her friend on the bed.They both looked exhausted."You alright?" Amanda asked the usually bubbly girl who was now struggling to stay awake.

"I'll be fine, just a bit freaked out," Ana sighed before laying down."how about you?"

"I've dealt with worse," Amanda laughed dryly."cmon lets go to bed, we have to be up early tomorrow,".

"Don't remind me," Ana laughed. They both quickly fell into a peaceful slumber. For now they didn't need to worry about spirits or YouTube videos. For now they could just sleep. For now they were safe.

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Hi guys! what did you think of this chapter? I don't think this is my best work but I have some good ideas for the next couple chapters. As always let me know if you have any ideas/theories.

Have a blessed day/night!